Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode my brand new GSXR 600 home on Nov. 2nd and on Jan. 4th this happened. a construction truck left some rocks in the road and i happened to go right through em while in a left hand turn at 95mph. all things considered it could have been worse but its still hard to look at sometimes... just thought id share. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Damn. :[

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.... thats what i said when i was getting help pulling it out of a muddy ditch on the side of 421 hahaha

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no. it only had 2100 on it when i went down. and i rode that exact BT016 till 6043 miles till i got a new BT021 in a larger 190

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah... it was CRAZY!

·
Registered
58 Posts
or maybe you shouldnt of been taking a corner at 95 mph :hmmm:
I love people that type this kind of crap! There are times (all of us have done it) that you are ripping around corners at illegal speeds. Because of this I will never "throw stones" and critisize someone for speeding (especially if they went down).

Stan, if you always stay within the speed limit and never push your bike sell it. You arent taking advantage of what that bike has to offer.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
862 Posts
agree with 97srad

people who say "You shouldnt of been speeding thru the corner" GET OVER IT

what the hell do you do with your bike? sputter around 35 mph?

The track is great for 100 mph fun, but 65 mph fun is fine in certain road conditions, like the backroads it looks like he was on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it was prety fun on that little back road till i wasnt on the road anymore and realizied i was in the grass looking back and finding my off in the muddy ditch

·
Registered
122 Posts
yeah it was prety fun on that little back road till i wasnt on the road anymore and realizied i was in the grass looking back and finding my off in the muddy ditch
that sucks man and anyone who says they never push there bike a little hard around some corners should just sell it, thats what they are for right? im just happy that you are well enough to tell us your story sorry about the bike, it sux, no more flaming for speeding:headshake

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha i wish i was as cool as that guy......

·
Registered
90 Posts
that sucks man. Down here in southeast MO almost all the fucking roads seem to have gravel in the curves. It sucks to be near the apex of a decreasing radius curve and see gravel. I have felt my rear end get loose a few times. don't know what to tell you not gonna bitch at you for speeding cause we all do just watch that entry speed so next time you hopefully see the gravel first.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

put a little cash into it and made it look and run better than it did when it was new. figured while it ws down i might as well upgrade things such as the exhaust and such while the fairings were off.

·
Registered
37 Posts

put a little cash into it and made it look and run better than it did when it was new. figured while it ws down i might as well upgrade things such as the exhaust and such while the fairings were off.
I'm assuming that's not the stock swingarm? I thought a longer swingarm makes the bike not want to corner as well?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.