Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the past 3 months I've noticed it's taking longer and longer to start the bike up when it's cold. the bikes only got 5200 miles. It used to start almost the very second you hit the starter button. today it took about 8 seconds of cranking before it started. the starter is deffinatly turnning over and it's not running out of power. Once its warm it will start up fine. Does anyone have any ideas.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Is the FI light on? also put the bike in dealermode and check to see where your TPS is. Do you have a T.R.E on it because i hear that your bike becomes harder to start just a lil when it is on and its a little bit cool. get a tune up if you haven't :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Probally needs a tune up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my '03 750. My bike sat for 2 years so i wonder if its a leaky fuel injector. Starts/dies, starts/dies, starts/runs. Chugs for the first 3 seconds when its like 50 degrees out. I parked my bike last night and dumped the pressure on the fuel line. It helped a bit but it wasnt that cold out (2 attempts rather then 3). try barely adjusting your fast idle screw as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts