Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 gsxr srad 750 and i want to know if the fuel system such as injectors and throtal body from an 01 will fit on my motor im getting the whole bike for like 500 bucks with a blown motor thanks for any info

·
Registered
543 Posts
was the 97' fuel injected? if not i couldn't see this working, but i could be wrong. well find out tomorrow. :thumbup: someone will have a correct answer.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
97 is carbs

to convert or add 01 system you will need all that plus some other things and then you will have to do some cutting rigging.
Best to go the 98 fuel injection route

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
audi1031 said:
97 is carbs

to convert or add 01 system you will need all that plus some other things and then you will have to do some cutting rigging.
Best to go the 98 fuel injection route
either way your going to have to replace all the wiring and CDI and everything else thta was on the FI bike.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
skibum91 said:
either way your going to have to replace all the wiring and CDI and everything else thta was on the FI bike.
to add on to skibum list tank and need 98 cams to (atleast the intake because it has cam position sensor on the end of it)
motors cheap now go ahead get a whole motor sell the ign setup to you have 01

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
97gsxr750 said:
i have a 97 gsxr srad 750 and i want to know if the fuel system such as injectors and throtal body from an 01 will fit on my motor im getting the whole bike for like 500 bucks with a blown motor thanks for any info

It will cost you more to do this than the $600- $800 for a used motor.

Go to WERA.com or a similar site and look for a used motor, buy it, and you have a nice 01 750 to go with your 97, and take one of them to the track or make it a stunter :cool:

If you dont want to I WILL. I'll double your money for the 01 :hmmm: $1000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts