Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys a little back story here.....picked up an 01 gixxer 600 for free with a no start condition.....after tinkering for a bit and some starting fluid (old gas ) got it to fire up it's only running on cylinders 1 and 4 which is kinda odd most bikes won't run on less then 3 cylinders....anyways it'll run and ride just bogs hard under heavy accel and sounds like dog poop.....swapped coils around thinking maybe coils were bad.....problem stayed the same swappes ecu with known good ecu problem stayed the same...checked wiring all looks good only thing i can think of is wiring or ckps? input would be greatly appreciated here.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Welcome.

Are you actually getting a C25 and C26 codes on your cluster?

Since you are riding the bike, are all the cylinders firing when off idle?

Good diagnosing so far and I'm assuming you swapped coils between running and not running cylinders.

It is not the sensors (CKP or CMP, etc) if the ECM is triggering the other two cylinders.

Have you checked for power to #2 and #3 coils?(The ECM provides the ground to trigger the coil) How are the pins on the plugs going into the ECM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! yes codes are present on the cluster.....No they dont seem to be firing off idle either although i havent tried to rap the bike out highest i have taken it was 6500rpm or so but it definitely feels like its not firing all 4....and yes i did swap coils around to eliminate bad coils.....pins at ecu look good but looks can be deceiving lol il have to bust out the good ole multi meter again and start probing i guess lol ......i hate wiring hahahaha......my next question would be that if its not the ckps is it possible that injectors could cause this issue? The PO told me he took it out for a ride came home and went to move it to the garage dropped it and it hasnt started since that was 2 years ago....I checked TOS, kickstand switch, clutch switch and kill switch all seem to be good......Its got to be wiring then unless failing injectors could do it ya know?

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
I seriously doubt the injectors are an issue.

Next would be to confirm that is power to those two injectors and then confirm continuity to the ECM.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
How odd that both ECU's would produce the exact same issue. Glad you got it sorted out. How does it run? How does it look? You KNOW we like pictures around here...

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
turns out both ecu's were toast got another ecu and all is well....thanks for all the help fellas!
Glad you got it fixed. Yes that is strange that both ECMs were bad. I'm guessing these codes may be the failure mode on these ECMs as they get older?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts