Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Fuel Injection TB's are a pair vs 4 individuals some holes in the cylingder sleeves to make it rev up faster (bunch of stuff not really a BIG diffrence)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The frame is narrower on the 03, as is the tank, and the clips and pegs are in a bit differnt spot. The narrowed air ducts creates more power. The frame is extruded instead of cast for lighter weight and more rigidity. The motor is more compact and weighs less. The engine revs higher.

There are TONS of differences

The same bike...... :headscrat

·
Registered
543 Posts
there pretty much still the same bike, ride both of them and you'd never tell the diff. but good points^^^ :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
03/04 down on power vs the 01/2 1k,but the 03/4 uses it power where it needs it (more define) but to most other bike brands its the same bike to them because all they see is the tail end no how :rofl:

·
Banned
105 Posts
If the 03 is down on power, I would like to know where? According to all that I have read, it has more power than the 1G gixxers and a better over all power band.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Down on total output (measly 4hp or so) but yes the 03/4 uses the hp better and its more in the lower end than the previous one

·
Banned
105 Posts
audi1031 said:
Down on total output (measly 4hp or so) but yes the 03/4 uses the hp better and its more in the lower end than the previous one
So I guess my new Arata full TI exhaust system, custom mapped PowerCommander and K&N air filter will help. According to a friend of mine that setup put my gixxer at about 165+ at the rear wheel. Very user friendly for the street.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Blade said:
So I guess my new Arata full TI exhaust system, custom mapped PowerCommander and K&N air filter will help. According to a friend of mine that setup put my gixxer at about 165+ at the rear wheel. Very user friendly for the street.
I would like to say I am talking about the bike coming stock not after additions of aftermarket products So your saying you have 165 to the rear wheel With a exhaust Custom map? Thats whole lot from a pipe pc and air filter about 15+/- hp that is some good tuning :D :clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts