Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 gsxr 750 and recently the bike will not rev over 8k at a stop with no load. As well as with load in any gear it starts hesitating and back firing if i try reving it past the 8k mark. I just put new plugs, i have a k&n filter but no other mods. It almost seems computer related like some kind of fuel cut or safety mode like in a car? idk though so can you please help out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just an idea but not to sure, it could be the TPS. I would think if it was the TPS it would throw a code. I was thinking it might be a coil if it was idling rough but... It could also be a clogged fuel filter or trash in the tank got in an injector. if one of the injectors were bad it would throw a code. thats my two cents, if i think of anything else i will let you know. if you find out what it is let me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i'm gonna pull the fuel tank and dump it and check the filter. if one of the coils were bad would it throw a code? i just ran fuel system cleaner hopen it was just a clogged injector but no good on that one either. i guess i will take it in but i just hate give them 100 bucks just to tell me whats wrong with it ya know. thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah there is a white connector with nothing hooked to it. there is (i think) a black/white wire and red/black wire in this connector. I know that they are both side by side. just short them out and the code will display on in the coolant temperature display. I dont think it is a timing issue because it aint sputtering when it idles. its almost like it gets enough gas to run then when you give it gas it has to be forced and thats where you are loosing it. i really think you got a clog somewhere.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well son ........my bike was doing the same darn thing.Thought it was the fuel pump so i replaced it............it still had the problem.Turns out it was blocked injectors.What you can do is rev the bike till it gets hot and then squirt water on the exhaust headder and watch to see which pipe is taking the longest to burn off the water...............that chould give you a clue as to which injector or injectors are having a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2000 gsxr 750 and my bike is doing the same thing. The bike starts to cut out around 8,000 rpms. I pulled the plugs and they are covered in carbon and fouled out. I just recently changed the generator because it burned up. Anybody have any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well son ........my bike was doing the same darn thing.Thought it was the fuel pump so i replaced it............it still had the problem.Turns out it was blocked injectors.What you can do is rev the bike till it gets hot and then squirt water on the exhaust headder and watch to see which pipe is taking the longest to burn off the water...............that chould give you a clue as to which injector or injectors are having a problem.
Or you could just use a thermometer.....like you use on a turkey.

I would hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if it drops off at high rpms. Also, does the bike have a catylic converter? That sounds like the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if one of the coils was bad then it would throw a code correct? so it's gotta be somthing in my fuel sytem that is clogged or just not working to full potential jus working enough for low rpm operation?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have an 02 gsxr 750 and recently the bike will not rev over 8k at a stop with no load. As well as with load in any gear it starts hesitating and back firing if i try reving it past the 8k mark. I just put new plugs, i have a k&n filter but no other mods. It almost seems computer related like some kind of fuel cut or safety mode like in a car? idk though so can you please help out.
I got your ans dude. It is the fuel pump. change it, As for the filter it is part of the pump. After you are done chasing your tail, let me know iam right after you change the fuel pump,. I just did 2 Gsxr in the last week w/ the same problem. As your motor calls for more fuel, the pump cant keep up. Trust me i know......:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts