Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new complete set of sharkskinz fairings for my 03 1000 about 3 months ago, I decided to do something different with my 1000, fairings wise so I was wondering would I be able to use the sharkskinz that were originally for my 03 1000 to mount on a 03 600...will it work w/ or w/o modify!!!!!!!!!! Thanks........

·
Registered
217 Posts
i dont know if you can modify them.... but they don't match right up. the 600 and 750 will swap but not the 1000. sorry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fairings......

Is there any possible way I can make this work...maybe fiberglass the original mounting holes and make new ones perhaps..I'm having the fairings professionally painted so I can have the holes fiberglassed with no problem.....Thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You should be able to do it, it just might take a lot of work to get them to fit right, I know the tanks on the 1000 are longer than the 600 so it might be a big job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank

I still have my origianal 600 tank, so that really ain't a problem, but im going to do my best ...Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
GixxerTrixx said:
I still have my origianal 600 tank, so that really ain't a problem, but im going to do my best ...Thanks for all your help...
No what my point about the tank was, the shape of the plastic is going to be a little different to fit around the different shape. not that the take wouldn't work. :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tank!!!

I was just wondering if the fairings would mount ok on my frame and sub-frame...So do you think I should sell my tank and try to find a 2001-2002 1000 Tank for it to match up..would that work!!!! Thanks for your help...I can always rely on GSXR.com

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
No you said you had a 03 1000, those tanks are different than the 01-02. I think you could make the plastics look good on the 600, just not sure how much work your going to have on your hands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tank and plastics...

Dont mean to be a pain in the ass....Ok I have a 03 600 that Im planning on putting on 2003 1000 Sharkskinz fairings on it...what model and year tank if any should I use, or should I just use my original 600 tank and hope for the best!!!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Just use the original tank. Have you tried holding the plastics up to see how much work its going to be?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plastics..

Not yet, I wanna first see if this would all work by asking all of you guys, b/c I relaly don't feel like going all the way down to the storage area where i keep my bikes , take them all apart for nothing but maybe I will now... I furst have to get my other 1000 fairings to put on my 1000 before I put the sharkskinz on my 600...Thanks for all your help..Skibum...u always helped me out and has always had the right answer...just wanted to say thanks for all your technical support...appreciate it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts