Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to swap my tail section and taillight for an 03 1000 tail section and light assembly... anyone know if this is possible? what about if i wanted to do an 06 tail and taillight assembly? thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nm. search is awesome. sorry noob. so 06 wont fit. but could really find anything on 03 1000 as far as if it is a bolt on or fabrication matter.... thanks

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
An 03/04 100 or 04/05 600 or 750 would be easier than later models, but I still think it would look a bit goofy with the rest of the lines of the bike. But no it wouldn't be a direct fit.

·
Registered
482 Posts
First....unless (I didnt see the info on the bike u want 2 mod) what year gsxr do u want to put this 03 subframe on ? It worked on my 96 Srad I put a 01-02 subframe on it. You have 2 be able 2 weld aluminuim or have someone to weld aluminum 4 u. Ezy mod... Check out my mod, not done with it yet but it works.....

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
First....unless (I didnt see the info on the bike u want 2 mod) what year gsxr do u want to put this 03 subframe on ? It worked on my 96 Srad I put a 01-02 subframe on it. You have 2 be able 2 weld aluminuim or have someone to weld aluminum 4 u. Ezy mod... Check out my mod, not done with it yet but it works.....
he wants to swap an 03 750 tail and light for an 03 1000 tail and light.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
How much longer you got on this prodject? I am really curious to see how it turns out. It looks pretty damn good so far.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i need a 03 1000 sub frame or i gotta find someone to do some welding for me? or should i do the mod with the 04 - 05 light on same tail like in the thread above....?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shavedcrx ... what I think will look slick is if u put the 05 tail light in the 03 subframe like that other post shows ...I think that mod would look cool. Flip and rebel its all powder coated, thanks for the big ups (commendations) also I swaped out the srad 750 for an 05 1k . But between the family and work i think another 6 mnths dudes. Heck im at work right now , would rather be in the garage... Shavedcrx , the 05 or 08 tail light is what im going to try to put in my subframe.... Good luck bro:thumbup:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shanvedcrx.... i looked at the 03 750 and 03 1000...looks like after 03 750 , suzuki changed the tail light. So if you got the 03 1000 tail light and used it that would look trick as well . Might consider a aftermarket clear light with intergrated turn signals...just thght...peace dude and good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
reggaerider.... ya i was thinking of doing the 03 1k or the 05 750 led taillight with integrated turns..... i modded the stock 03 tail to integrate the turns..... but the light just looks too bulky with the big square sticking out of it.... id really like a whole different tail piece as the stock tail section just looks massive.... now to just hunt down some parts for the project.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Crx... I just scored a 08 tail light , for free. So im gonna try to modify it to fit in my 03 sub frame and skin. The subframe and skin that you are sporting right know is not that bulky to me....seeing that I am coming from a SRAD sub frame and skin. Maybe you wanna get radical and try to put 05 sub frame on your bike.....no that would be totally trick dude...... :thumbup: :bowdown: NOTHING BEATS A TRIAL BUT A FAILURE !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
RaggeRider your looking exceptionally good.

Is this what your looking for?

These were all prefits that i was done and this was with a 03 GSXR 1k light

·
Registered
482 Posts
Audi I appreciate that , so audi what is that set up you have in the pic??.....well Mr Dangles it seems that its possible.....I am gonna see if this 08 clear tail light would go on that 03 subframe . I plan on making my own undertail from thin sheet metal , so I will get it to fit a lot closer ....NOTHING BEATS A TRIAL BUT A FAILURE !!! :hmmm:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Audi I appreciate that , so audi what is that set up you have in the pic??.....well Mr Dangles it seems that its possible.....I am gonna see if this 08 clear tail light would go on that 03 subframe . I plan on making my own undertail from thin sheet metal , so I will get it to fit a lot closer ....NOTHING BEATS A TRIAL BUT A FAILURE !!! :hmmm:
keep us posted i would like to see how it looks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.