Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, sorry for making a new thread on this subject.
I hesitated over this but I finally said what the hey and decided to post my problem to get some help.

my 03 has 7K miles and it sat for the last 6 years.
so far I have done:
acid wash the gas tank
changed the oil
cleaned the injectors
checked and cleaned the plugs

the bike is running rough and I am experiencing loss in power at WOT, but it happens intermittent.

I have gone through 2 full gas tanks and I thought that the problem would go away after a few hundred miles of running gas through the system, but it has not improved any.

I have done a lot of research on the subject and I can't find a good solution to my problem.

I have double checked under the gas tank to make sure that all hoses are connected and no kinks are present.

please give me some pointers on what areas I should start to check and eliminate, I don't want to replace parts that I don't have to.

Thanks so much for any help and sorry for such long rant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have u checked the fuel pump? The filter may clogged. Ive been having the same issue on my 05 600.

Sent from my M860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went out to look at the display while the ignition is on and the switch is on off and the display Reads " CHECK"

is this normal or should it not read anything.

also the dealer mode plug I see on my bike is on the left hand side under the rear seat, is that the one I should be checking the dealer mode from or is the dealer mode plug always in the Right side of the bike??

anyone with an 2003 GSXR that can answer my questions ??

help

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Someone was asking about the check light the other day, I think it will be on with ign on, and go off when running unless it is overheating or some other things, its in the owners manual, and on the forum somewhere recently, the internet connection I have here is to slow for me to bother searching.

If you check the workshop manual you may well find there is a primary and secondary filter in the pump. I dont have the manuals in front of me at the moment.
I think there is a fuel pump flow test and pressure test, I would be doing those tests.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,865 Posts
The check light with the ignition on indicates the kill switch is off, clutch is not in, or the kick stand is down while the bike is in gear.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
If you check the workshop manual you may well find there is a primary and secondary filter in the pump. I dont have the manuals in front of me at the moment.
I think there is a fuel pump flow test and pressure test, I would be doing those tests.
+1 for the pressure/flow tests.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 for the pressure/flow tests.
Thanks Guys, I did read the manual and it does say that the word
"CHECK" is normal when the ignition is on and the kill switch is off, so that is good.

I finally got the bike in dealer mode and there are no codes.
the only code it game was " -c00" so I need to adjust the TPS coz the line should be in the middle and mine shows at the high position.

I will also try to do the pressure/flow test for the fuel, I just dont have the tool but I will try to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have cleaned the filter twice and it hasn't solved the problem.
I have seen a few times where people have said they cleaned the fuel pump and filter.

I believe people may be cleaning a primary filter, and that there is a secondary filter in the pump as well. For this secondary filter to be fine enough to protect the injector from getting blocked with dirt/rust will need to be replaced. it would not be a serviceable item.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would change the plugs, not just clean them, if if has been sitting for 6 yrs. Change/clean air filter. Any performance mods done to the bike?

the only mod is a Yoshi slip on pipe, other than that the bike is completely stock.

I will go with your suggestion and change the plugs soon.

anything else you guys can think of please let me know...

I check this forum daily.

Thx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have seen a few times where people have said they cleaned the fuel pump and filter.

I believe people may be cleaning a primary filter, and that there is a secondary filter in the pump as well. For this secondary filter to be fine enough to protect the injector from getting blocked with dirt/rust will need to be replaced. it would not be a serviceable item.
funny you should mention the secondary filter, i was just looking over this mornign at the fuel pump assembly and I saw that there is a second filter.

I tried ebay but I couldn't find anything on just that filter.
do you know if I need to purchase the entire fuel pump assenbly in order to replace the secondary filter??

if you know a good place to purchase that filter please point me to it. I greatly appreciate all your suggestions.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[email protected] so upset right now.

so last night I get home, washed my bike, went to the store got new plugs, put them in.........and the bike will not start.
it cranks but it wont start..............was planning on riding it today.

now I am back to square one..........so mad right now.

sorry I had to vent...this bike is driving me madd....

I'll work on it tomorrow and try to get it going....

Ok
Bye:headshake

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quick question.
if my bike is running on 3 cylinders , and I know that the spark plugs are good and also the ignition plugs are OK.
could a bad injector be the culprit ?

anyone ?

·
Dem Broncos!!!
5,994 Posts
quick question.
if my bike is running on 3 cylinders , and I know that the spark plugs are good and also the ignition plugs are OK.
could a bad injector be the culprit ?

anyone ?
Could be. Also faulty ecu or coils

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts