Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem on my bike that sometimes when I shift from 1st to 2nd it sometimes doesn't go completely into gear and stays in neutral. Also sometimes when downshifting it gets stuck in neutral as well. Is this user error or a known problem?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
shift with force. don't baby it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
ski hit it on the head put some stomp on that shifter or you will catch false neutrals, also you can adjust it to fit the size and shape of your foot for easier shifting. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
More than likely you need to adjust the height of your shift lever. you should be able to put your foot on top, and underneath without lifting your heel or having to contort your foot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem... I know it's becuz I'm just babying it... Can you adjust the amount of pressure it takes to shift or move the shift lever?

·
Registered
543 Posts
no, i don't believe you can adjust the amount of pressure it takes, but you can adjust the position of the shifter itself to allow you to gear up or down easier with less effort only b/c your foot is in the proper position over or under the shifter, i would def. recommend adjusting the shifter and you will notice that it's much easier to avoid missing gears. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hey man, I was doing the same thing in my first couple weeks of riding, I found that especially when accelerating hard and bringin the revs up, it would take a little more oomph to shift it. Just get used to shifting harder in ALL the gears, so that it will become natural, no more whimpy shifts.

·
Registered
543 Posts
zukis are knows for having a rough tranny off the showroom floor, it tends to settle itself out at about 3000 miles, so adjust the shifter, put some stomp on it and wait and see what happens. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts