Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a gsxr 600. :D After all my looking and researching I think they look the best and have the most aftermarket parts for them and fit me well (I'm only 5'4" so lowering kit is coming soon!) But I'm curious on a few things. I'm gonna go look at an 03' today, it's only got 300 miles on it cuz the kid took it off the road in late 03' since his insurance was over 3000 bucks a year so he couldn't afford it and now just starts it every month or so. I told him I'll give him 6500 for it. It's got a hotbodies undertail, fmf pipe, and some custom graphics or whatever.

I was curious if it'd be better to go w/ that or I can get a 2005 gsxr 600 out the door for 8200. The 03' is blue/white with the white wheels which I hate the white wheels but I'd be getting new chrome ones anyways along with full custom paint over the winter among many other things. I was curious if the 04/05 rear cowl or even the whole tail section will fit on the 03' and what the differences in year's are? Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where? The MSRP is like 8299 and the cheapest I found before taxes and such is 7299. I'm in Albany, NY and I don't know of any dealers that will sell under the 8200 out the door. But which would be better to get, the 03' for 6500 (plus state taxes) or an 05' for 8200? I know they make more stuff for the 03' such as extended swingarms, etc. I'm not sure if I could get that done to an 05'. Plus what are the differences in the year's? I know 05 has a different headlight/taillight/rear seat cowl, the gas tank is a little different, the frame/wheels are powdercoated black as opposed to stainless steel, the hand controls are a little different, the gauges are a little different, the swingarm is a little different, etc. is there anything different motor wise and what year do you guys think I should go with? Money is not the big deal here, it's as far as getting aftermarket stuff and whatnot. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.