Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
get the bike up to normal temp, take off the front seat, and then take off the 2 bolts at the front of the gas tank. in the trunk you will see a little prop rod, fift the front of the tank (it will pivit) and stick the prop rod in the tank and hole in triple clamp. now you can get to the set screw for the idle speed, just give it a little twist until the rpms are where they need to be. also make sure you adjust the correct one there are 2 side by side one is for the cold idle , when you look at them you will see the diff.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
For this post I'm assuming that the 04 1000 is similar enough to the 04-05 600.

1. Remove the front seat.
2. remove the two bolts holding down the front of the tank.
3. Prop the tank up using the prop rod underneath the rear seat.
4. Start the engine.
5. Turn the throttle stop adjustment screw (the one circled in the picture) until your idle is at the desired point.
6. button it back up.

If in doubt, the procedure can be found in your owner's manual. It is in mine, anyway.

Good luck.

Note - Sorry I couldn't get a picture of the screw with the tank up. I just got home from a ride and the frame and engine are still burning hot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You got full exhaust on this thing? I had to bump the idle a bit on mine when I put a full exhaust on it.. If you have the PC3 you can easily do it that way.. That is how I did it.. Put the map in and then use this program.. USB Power Commander Accelerator Pump Utility from dynojet.com. you can lean out your bike or make it more rich where it can not even start! I did that once... pain in the ass to get it set back though.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Jake_GSXR_1000 said:
You got full exhaust on this thing? I had to bump the idle a bit on mine when I put a full exhaust on it.. If you have the PC3 you can easily do it that way.. That is how I did it.. Put the map in and then use this program.. USB Power Commander Accelerator Pump Utility from dynojet.com. you can lean out your bike or make it more rich where it can not even start! I did that once... pain in the ass to get it set back though.
THE ACCELERATOR PUMP IS NOT TO ADJUST THE IDLE

WTF man, People screwing with shit they have no idea about. An accelerator pump ONLY adds a given percentage of fuel IF the throttle is turned a given amount of rotation during a given amount of time. PERIOD.

It is ONLY needed if the bike stumbles when you WHACK the throttle from a cruise state to wide open.

You cannot adjust your idle with the PCIII. You can change the fuel ration, and it will EFFECT the idle, but it is not the right way to do it.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
THE ACCELERATOR PUMP IS NOT TO ADJUST THE IDLE

WTF man, People screwing with shit they have no idea about. An accelerator pump ONLY adds a given percentage of fuel IF the throttle is turned a given amount of rotation during a given amount of time. PERIOD.

It is ONLY needed if the bike stumbles when you WHACK the throttle from a cruise state to wide open.

You cannot adjust your idle with the PCIII. You can change the fuel ration, and it will EFFECT the idle, but it is not the right way to do it.

sick em!!! :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.