·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

The other day I went to ride my bike and I noticed someone had tried to
hot wire it! Since who ever did this to my bike should rot in hell,
they also left the wires spliced and wired together. So when I hooked them
all back up I got nothing! Any help with this would be awsome!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I would imagine they either blew the fuse or killed the battery, check both.

·
Registered
43 Posts
leave it sit outside where it happened, hide around the corner with a shotgun, wait till they come back and blow their F#@$ing heads off.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
its all good, i feel the same way about people trying to steal my bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
start with the fuses...they probably grounded the wrong wire

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
you know yesterday when i came home after dodging the fucken bastard ass candian who swerved is car towards (and nearly into me on purpose) i was all hyped up and i got off the bike the fliped the kill switch turned the key off and got off...

but you know the weirdest thing.. that bike didn't shut off i still heard the fan running... i didn't think it was a big deal since car fans run after you shut the car off also.. and it just reminded me i had to ask my boyfriend to trouble shoot why the temp gauge wasn't working (turns out wires came loose have to re soder) so like a car if you turn it back on and off again the fan will generally stop... so i flipped the kill switch off... turned the key.. started the bike then took out the key...

wouldn't you know that bitch kept running...

of course at this point im staring at the key in my hand and asking what the fuck....

call my boyfriend downstairs to the garage we stare at it and start pulling fuses to turn off the guage and headlights so we don't end up draining the battery..

so my boyfriend and i are thinking WTF did someone hotwire my bike at my work out in the open facing all the windows and then walked off and didn't even take the bike... and if so what idiots cause they did it completely wrong since the bike will not turn off...

so the search along the wires started...

the ignition was fine because we unpluged it and the power still on... so look at the battery everything looked fine...

looked at the starter everything looks fine..

then we come along a plug for the wires going from the battery to the starter i believe and the plug it seems because someone (BOYFRIEND!!! why are guys so hard headed) didn't zip tie or E tape up all the wires like i asked them to and it got a lil to close to the exhaust pipe and pretty much melted together...
we tried un sucessfully to pull the plug apart but it was hopelessly melted together.. cut the wires used different connector thingys and it was all fine...

sorry to jack your post...

but check the battery and remember you can jump it with a car! i did it when mine died

thanks to someone here telling me i could

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
If you ever try to jump a bike with a car, make sure that the car isn't running. Or else you will be replacing more stuff than that.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
man dude that sucks. i cant beleve people these days. But like evryone else they probally blew a fuse. check relays also. but i hope you find those ratbastards who did that and kill them

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol a shotgun... oh no my friend you need to do worse.. first tie them up to a truck drag them for a while beat, them with some bats or anything heavy or that can do large amounts of pain and damage but keep them alive.. next take the keys to there car or bike and throw it off a bridge.... that my friend would teach them a lesson... :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
xX Gsxr pimp Xx said:
lol a shotgun... oh no my friend you need to do worse.. first tie them up to a truck drag them for a while beat, them with some bats or anything heavy or that can do large amounts of pain and damage but keep them alive.. next take the keys to there car or bike and throw it off a bridge.... that my friend would teach them a lesson... :D

a certain organization did that in Texas a few years back...i never heard of the out come

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
i jumped my bike with my car running it seemed fine...

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
you dont want to do that cause it would send too much popwer possibly blowing fuses and such. you can do it and not have anything happen but it very well could do something. just be careful about doing that.

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
so what bad could happen tell us all

·
Administrator
1,000,000,259 Posts
oh interesting i will take that in to consideration...

but it was just a honda so the battery is not as large as some of the other cars out.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
it has to do with the amps that the alternator is putting out, not necissarily the size of the battery. But it can fry your CDI, or your Magneto, or your Rectifier, not to mention wires and fuses.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
No, actually I dealt with that because of this girls bike I am working on that her friend jumped her bike with his truck. Blew the CDI.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts