Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that a lot of people say that its ok for a first bike. im 6'4 175lb. i know how to ride and ive ridden my friends 04 r6. is a 600 a good enough bike to start off with that i wont get bored very fast. also how do the gixxer compare to r6. which is faster and better handling. thanks in advance

·
Registered
543 Posts
6'4" 175lbs. i'm 5'10" 165LBS and my 03 600 fits me perfect, just go set on one and feel it out, as for comparison the 600 will eat the R6's lunch and out handle it like no tomorrow, now remember the stature of the bike doesn't actually get bigger until you hit the 1K, 600-750 are pretty much the same size and it's the same with every manufacturer, but i'd say you won't get bored with the 600 a few bolt ons a PCIII and you'll learn on a bike that you have to control comparing to the 1K which you just hang onto as a new rider, i'd say go for the gsxr600 :thumbup: and by the way you will not get bored with the 600, remember it's mostly the rider not the bike, good luck with whatever you choose. and enjoy the forums.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot. i know i would never get a 1000 for my first bike. thats just nuts. i have a friend that bought an r1 and before that rode a dirtbike for 2 days then bought the r1. he fell already. its too much bike. thanks for the advice. just wondering how much is a pcIII. thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
i picked mine up for $269.00, but you can find them from 150.00used up to 370.00 dependind which vendor it comes from, Ebay is a good checking point they sell mass PCIII's so you can usually find a pretty good price. as for bolt ons, you could do a full exhaust system or just a slip on can depending if you want performance or sound, drop a tooth on your front sprocket, throw on a T.R.E.(read on the tre in the tech forum) and have your bike mapped and you've got one bad-azz 04' 600, goodluck with whatever you do. later bro, KRUM :thumbup: and i wasn't doggin on the R6 i've just always outran them and a few of my friends had em, they just could't keep up, but there still good bikes, but if you wan't the best get the suzuki. :bowdown:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, yeah i know i dont want an r6. ive always liked suzukis alot better. i just didnt know if i would get bored. thanks again.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome aboard... GSXR 600 is a great bike to start with and keep. That's what I started with when I got my first. You'll like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts