Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just rebuilt my motor when I started it timing was off So I ended up with some bent valves had head rebuilt because I was done messing with the bike after putting head on ran for about 45mins to an hour with no issues after Starting It and letting it run a few times To put heat cycles on it before first ride The rpms started hanging up when i blip the throttle cleaned injectors new plugs new vacuum lines throttle isn’t binding does it even when butterflies are closed dont know where to start troubleshooting any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Wow. Is that one sentence? It sounds like an intake air leak causing the idle to 'hang up'

Welcome to the Site. Use some punctuation, yeah naw, any punctuation.

Show us some pics

·
Registered
306 Posts
Did you move your handlebars left and right, then test your throttle response just to completely rule out a binding cable?
If you suspect a vacuum leak get some brake clean or other flammable fluid and spray around your motor to see if there is an rpm changes.
With the airbox off and sensor hooked up, have you watched both sets of throttle body butterflies move to see when they are moving and what they are doing? It almost sounds like the STVA or upper set could be hanging.
Does it idle correctly and stable at 1200 rpms?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts