Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems with your rear brakes on the 04? Myself and at least one other person i know have new ones and since like the first couple weeks they squeek when you apply them? Is this happening anywhere else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
Branrob said:
Is anyone else having problems with your rear brakes on the 04? Myself and at least one other person i know have new ones and since like the first couple weeks they squeek when you apply them? Is this happening anywhere else?
Mine are squeeking but thats after 12,000. Clean out the brake dust in the pads and calipers and you should be good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Rear brake...whats that?!? I thought it was a parking brake. :D

I only use it to hold me when Im stopped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
BunchaMalarkey said:
Rear brake...whats that?!? I thought it was a parking brake. :D

I only use it to hold me when Im stopped.
Same here, but I do try to use them at the same time, just cause thats how I learned, but I know when I bought the bike and rode it home I could not believe how much better they worked then on either one of my 600's I had. Have to be alot more careful for sure. I dont have any squeaking as of now, but I only have about 700 miles so far. Its probably just dust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
BunchaMalarkey said:
Rear brake...whats that?!? I thought it was a parking brake. :D

I only use it to hold me when Im stopped.
Trailbraking! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
skibum91 said:
Trailbraking! :thumbup:
I don't. Never had a need for it. I've got just under 19K on mine and about 3500 are track miles and most of the rest are some hard arse corner carving on the streets. [my 03 1k is just a weekend warrior, no commuting with it]

But I use the rear brake once in a while to give my hand a break when coming to a light and never heard it squeak.

Clean out the pads/calipers and maybe even apply some sort of brake pad grease on the back side of the pads that contact the calipers and you should have no more problems.

CIAO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
moto182003 said:
sounds like someone needs an mp3 player :lol:
:thumbup: :laughingr :laughingr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
BunchaMalarkey said:
I don't. Never had a need for it. I've got just under 19K on mine and about 3500 are track miles and most of the rest are some hard arse corner carving on the streets.
CIAO
You will need it if you ever start floating the rear into corners, when it starts chattering the rear brake will help settle it down and keep it in line with the front tire (or out to the side of it if you are REALLY good :bowdown: ) There is nothing quite like the feeling of "backing it in" :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
You will need it if you ever start floating the rear into corners, when it starts chattering the rear brake will help settle it down and keep it in line with the front tire (or out to the side of it if you are REALLY good :bowdown: ) There is nothing quite like the feeling of "backing it in" :cool:
My understanding of backin it in is from hard arse braking going into a corner while banging down a few gears. Not that I do that either...but I didnt think it had anything to with trailbraking.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top