Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 05 R6 and I’m having some concerns about the engine, or something that would control fuel/air ratio.

Shifting from N—> 1st, if you don’t bring the tac. up around 3-4K rpm, the engine bogs down wants to stall/turn off/stop. And if it’s less then that, it takes a good 2-3 sec before it sling-shots you to the moon. Not too sure how concerned I should be or really anything about GSXR’s, as she is my first Suzuki.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
Welcome.

Do you mean a gsxr 600? Not an R6?

If it is a gsxr, first thing I'd try is to make sure the side stand is being held up firmly. Lube the pivot and make sure both springs are intact and holding the side stand switch closed.

You might try zip tying the side stand up to see if the symptom goes away.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
Just putting it in gear makes it want to die? What's the idle RPM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome.

Do you mean a gsxr 600? Not an R6?

If it is a gsxr, first thing I'd try is to make sure the side stand is being held up firmly. Lube the pivot and make sure both springs are intact and holding the side stand switch closed.

You might try zip tying the side stand up to see if the symptom goes away.
Yes, a gsxr 600! I’ll give that a try! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
Yeah, should be idling around 1300-1500. So my guess is everything is out of whack. Set idle to 1400, adjust TPS so the line is in the middle, then reset the powercommander throttle calibration. Repeat this over and over until it's stable. Dumb fuck owners do dumb fuck things

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
500? 500rpm? the idle is set to 500rpm? (and it still idles?)..........

• Wow
Reactions: rv6john

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
No wonder the bike stalls when it’s in gear. I am impressed that it idles at 500rpm though. Maybe the PO commuted in stop start traffic and thought he’d save fuel with a lower idle speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts