Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I personally think the R6's are pretty sweet. Actually I pretty much think all the sportbike lines have pretty damn sweet bikes. I am very much a Suzuki man myself but they are all sweet bikes in my opion. If that's what he wants, that's what he should get. Until you pay for it, I think it's his decision.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Different strokes for different fokes, I personally really like the yamaha looks. Love my gsxr 600 but this spring when I will get a 1k it will probably be the R1. (yes I am holding off till I actually see the Zuk 1000 but it looks like poo)

·
Registered
12 Posts
bikes?

they are both nice bikes. im also a suk man myself. owning a gsxr 600 and a 600rr, i like the suk better.

let him feel the difference on both bike. r6 vs gsxr.

gonna trade in my 600rr for the new 05 gsxr 1000. its a sweet looking bike.
check out the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Tell him 3 to 4 hp is not anything he is gonna feel and its all rider that makes the bike fast and skill level.
zx12 makes more hp than Busa and its not faster.
So take a couple hp as nothing,but 10 hp you can feel the diffrence and torque
SO basically tell him to go with what feels comfortable

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ya, let him go with what he likes, it's his bike after all and he's the one that's going to live with it, it's not like there's anything WRONG with it, like him wanting to get a ninja 250 or something, let him be.
I personally think the yamaha front end is a lot cooler, and out of all bikes the R1 is definitely the sexiest. I mean, look at the tank on the 04 R1, beautiful...

·
Registered
938 Posts
I personally like the looks of the R6. The black on black scheme, with the red lines on the wheels..WHOOO MAN!! that's sweet. If they had the black version last year when I was in the market to get a bike, it would have been a REAL close call. It would have probably came down to comfort. For me the Kaw, and the R6 made me feels like my nuts where right on the tank (would have hated one of those of shit stops). I tried to move back, it was uncomfortable. The Gixxer, at least for me, was the better fitting bike. I mean lets face it, performance on the big four are pretty damm close, it comes down to preference at that point...colors, comfort/ergonomics. What we read in the mags is a pro rider posibbly getting the full potential out of the bike, which we will probably never do. So if your friend wants a R6, don't discourage him or try to point him in the ways of your preference. Let him sit/ride the bike and make up his own mind. After all he is the one making the payments.

(disclaimer.. I'm a zuki guy)..lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i to like r1, little different front end.. all but that nasty tucked exhaust though. i tried to get the r1 but didnt wanna pay what they were tryen to get me to so i got the gsxr 750.

I don care whos paying for it (its an opinion) there like asshole everyone has one, as for telling him what to get Ill tell him what i think whether he likes it or not, and its ugly in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.