Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one solved in infamous front end rattle on our are bikes? It still is a problem on mine...can't stand it any more...I heard of the radiator shield that vibrates does any one have pics of where this is? My second guess is the heat Shields on the side fairing rattling. gonna spend all day tomorrow trying to fix it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I dont know but mine does the same but it sounds like and exhaust issue on my bike. But I have checked it out time and time again and still cannot find how to fix it....besides a louder exhaust.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah I have a rattle too, thought it was my muffler, took my slip on off, put a new rubber wrap on the mounting clamp (thought that was the problem) still have some kind of rattle

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine was the heat shields on the side of the fairings. I took them off and ran a bead of silicone on them. fixed. It was a rather annoying buzzing sound. I could sort of reproduce it by tapping on the fairing when the bike was off. Try that, and if thats your problem you will definitely know.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I all day trying to find that buzz/rattle. Its not the heat shields cuz I took off both side fairings and went for a ride and the noise is still there. Then I tried the plastic radiator shield, I put some foam under and on top, no dice, noise is the same. Lastly I took off the plastic under headlight and metal bracket that bolts the very bottom of the side fairings.Still got that noise! WTF I am sort of at the end of my skill set so might go to the dealer. If you have a 06/07 600 or 750 do me a favor, in 1st gear get on it hard then from 8 grand and up listen for a rattle especially on the decel. I'm at a total lost..

·
Registered
347 Posts
So I all day trying to find that buzz/rattle. Its not the heat shields cuz I took off both side fairings and went for a ride and the noise is still there. Then I tried the plastic radiator shield, I put some foam under and on top, no dice, noise is the same. Lastly I took off the plastic under headlight and metal bracket that bolts the very bottom of the side fairings.Still got that noise! WTF I am sort of at the end of my skill set so might go to the dealer. If you have a 06/07 600 or 750 do me a favor, in 1st gear get on it hard then from 8 grand and up listen for a rattle especially on the decel. I'm at a total lost..
i had the same buzzing noise and it was my wind screen rubbing on the metal frame. i pit some foam tape on the metal under the wind screen and problem solved! Give it a try.:thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
i had the same buzzing noise and it was my wind screen rubbing on the metal frame. i pit some foam tape on the metal under the wind screen and problem solved! Give it a try.:thumbup:
I might have to try that one! Is it where the windscreen mounts? Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i wish it was as easy as the windscreen.I checked that too.. even put my stock one back on to see if it changed.. nothing:damn:

·
Registered
347 Posts
got the same noise going on too. was getting ready to look into it.. guess i will have to look at all of this stuff too. but mine really isnt noticable until third gear
My windscreen did rattle until about 35mph. I took it off and put some foam tape on the metal framabove the intsrument panel and that fixed my rattle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally broke down after 2 week ends of trying to fix that rattle(sounds like a pebble or something bouncing around :wtf) and dropped it off that the dealership. I think he thought i was stunting it cuz I left the side fairings off so they couldn't said it was the heat shields. he kept asking how many times i wheelied it. I said "never", not cuz i don't want to, but I suck and don't wanna crash. He asked twice more, jackass. I told him look I bought this bike new here always babied it, it made this noise from day 1. Got the extended warranty, so take it for a ride and fix it. He said its gonna be 90 bucks to take an hour to really look at it. :dissapointed I said whatever call me when you find the problem. Will let you know how i make out.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Finally broke down after 2 week ends of trying to fix that rattle(sounds like a pebble or something bouncing around :wtf) and dropped it off that the dealership. I think he thought i was stunting it cuz I left the side fairings off so they couldn't said it was the heat shields. he kept asking how many times i wheelied it. I said "never", not cuz i don't want to, but I suck and don't wanna crash. He asked twice more, jackass. I told him look I bought this bike new here always babied it, it made this noise from day 1. Got the extended warranty, so take it for a ride and fix it. He said its gonna be 90 bucks to take an hour to really look at it. :dissapointed I said whatever call me when you find the problem. Will let you know how i make out.
i would have told him i bought the extended warranty for a reason and that im not paying anymoney to fix it thats what the warranty is for. well anyways hope they get it fixed for ya.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did the dealership find the cause of the rattle?? I'm on the verge of buying an '07 750 GSXR but have read multiple claims of unnecessary rattling and sometimes heavy vibrations. Not sure if my money would be better spent on another bike. :headshake

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.