Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got my 1000 not to long ago and it didnt come with an owners manual so i dont know how much goes in it and the damn search is acting stupid right now for me on here, so how much goes in an 06 1000 and what type of oil do you use??? i know synthetic but is it 10w 30 or what???

·
Registered
205 Posts
i know how to change the oil and all that im just not sure if i have to use the Mobil 1 bike oil or if i can just use mobil 1 full synthetic 10w40? also what is the filter number if i were to run a fram filter?
You need to use motorcycle specific oil only.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
10w40 on the oil. Be sure the bike is upright and on level ground when you check it. As for the coolant do you mean Engine Ice? If you do I run it but IMHO it doesn't do anything that normal coolant will do but it's biodegradable and a bit more pet friendly. They have two types, one that is only good to +32f and one good to -27f so if you need antifreeze be sure to get the right one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wouldn't use a fram on such a nice bike. Hell, i wouldn't use a fram on anything I own but that's just me. There has been research done that shows fram is garbage. Use what you want but I would only use K&N or suzuki filters. K&N's have a nut on the end so no need for a filter wrench plus it's pre-drilled for safety wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.