Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, fairly new on this forum and was doing some searching but only found some really old posts on this topic.

Wondering if anyone has ever done the big bore kit on an 06-07 600 or not and what is involved and what the results were?

I'm a bigger guy (240 lbs with no gear) and find I'm always at a disadvantage with power for racing. And no, I can't go to a 750 due to race restrictions.

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

·
Registered
253 Posts
get the Kawie 636, its all ready to go and a LOT less $$ than trying to do this yerself..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I raced a 636 last year then switched to the GSXR this year and much prefer the GSXR to race. Also the Kawi's at the track have proven to be very finicky and unreliable from the guys that have them at our track.

The piston kit from JE or Weisco isn't a bad price, just haven't looked into what the machining work would be to bore it out.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I raced a 636 last year then switched to the GSXR this year and much prefer the GSXR to race. Also the Kawi's at the track have proven to be very finicky and unreliable from the guys that have them at our track.

The piston kit from JE or Weisco isn't a bad price, just haven't looked into what the machining work would be to bore it out.
Just make sure whoever does it is able to recoat the Nikasil on the cylinders or you will have a very short engine life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure what the results would be, I would expect the displacement alone would be worth 6-7 hp roughly, just doing a bit of math. Wiseco told me typically 5-7% increase is usually what they see.

On the Wiseco site they don't talk about re-Nikasiling the cylinders on the 06-07, yet on the 01-03 it specifically says "cylinder boring and replating required". Makes it a little confusing. They did say that the stock block/crank will handle this kit fine, I'd read somewhere it was advised to use a stronger crank then too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys good afternoon were can i get four advance sleeve for my cylinder's
I had my cylinders bore out for wiseco big bore 636 kit . my bike is 06 07 Suzuki gsxr600

·
SuperMod of the North
27,253 Posts
Not sure you are getting a reply, this is quite an old thread. Start yourself a new thread in the tech section for better replies. I don't recognize that flag, letting us know where you are may help too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure you are getting a reply, this is quite an old thread. Start yourself a new thread in the tech section for better replies. I don't recognize that flag, letting us know where you are may help too.
I lived in Antigua and Barbuda a Caribbean country i drag racingy 06 07 Suzuki gsxr600 i had a full head work finished i had my block cylinders bore out for wiseco big bore 636 kit so I'm requesting were can i get four replate sleeve from an I am asking for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts