Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to install a switch for the fan on my radiator but I don’t see a temperature switch anywhere on the radiator and yet my fan still turns on at around 218-220F
Where do I have to splice into to install a switch for my fan

·
Registered
873 Posts
You will need to get a wiring diagram. The temp sensor for the fan is usually by the T-Stat. I will recommend wiring up a relay for this.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The 06 doesn't use a thermal switch. It uses a relay that's just in front of the airbox, and the ECM controls it based on what it senses from the ECT, which is in the head near the thermostat housing. You could probably just tie your switch to the wire corresponding with pin "D" on page 7-7 of the FSM and route it to ground. The whole thing would be maybe 6 inches long and you could ground it to the frame right there and have the switch just in front of the tank. Switch on, relay grounded, and the fan comes on. Might want to throw a diode in to prevent a ground loop.

·
Super Moderator
8,756 Posts
^ What he said. My question is why? If the fan is operating normally (it is supposed to come on at 221 and go off again at.212) what is the issue?

Reactions: Winchester Boy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts