Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to replace my 06 GSXR 600's stock hid headlight with a blue colored one.. do I need to buy a hid kit online with the ballast and all? or can I just change the bulb?

Let me know.. already ordered the hid kit but will cancel if I don't need it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am wanting to replace my 06 GSXR 600's stock hid headlight with a blue colored one.. do I need to buy a hid kit online with the ballast and all? or can I just change the bulb?

Let me know.. already ordered the hid kit but will cancel if I don't need it.
stock HID headlight :headscrat? All HID's have ballasts so if you don't have any of that right now, you will have to buy the whole kit. If you already have an HID kit and you just want a different bulb you can order those separately for pretty cheap. Its the ballasts that make them soo expensive. If you want more of a blue tint than go for the 8000k kit. Thats the one that I have, it looks like this.....my brothers stock headlight is on the right.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i just know the 06 gsxr's have insanely brighrt crystal white stock headlights..

wonedering if it is always hid? Or what kind is it?
stock k6 gsx-r 600's come with halogen bulbs, and h7 for low beam and H9 for high beam. so if ur still running stock its not hids. so U will have to buy everything. hope that helps ya out. and u will notice a big difference in light.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool. I ordered a kit and just wanted to make sure my bike didnt alrdy have hid's, so I could just order a bulb , but thats not the case.

I only ordered one light kit not both.. If I have a bright light I won't need to use bright and low beam, ill just leave it on the bright setting unless im blinding someone. I will be able to flash still as well since one beam will not be a hid.

Which should I put it in, high beam or low beam? What would be the difference? More light in the high beam , less in the low beam? Angle of light? Those the only two differences?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts