Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
made a nifty little license plate bracket. made from 10 ga Aluminum cut on a trumpf 2030 laser...gonna get powder coated gloss black to match the other powder on the bike. Let me know what you think?! I might cut a phrase or "Gsxr" into it with the laser, not sure yet.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i like it but can it be seen from a squad car behind you? :hmmm:

·
Registered
971 Posts
i would be interested in purchasing one if it can be seen

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
def gonna get a ticket for that one...put a gas can hinge on it so you can flip it up or down and then youll be alright haha....or go to flipaplate.com and you can get one with an motor and flip it if you need to :funny:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You gotta be kiddin', right?

It looks like an instant ticket to me.
Apparently the cops where you guys are have a stick up their asses! Around here (KY) as long as you don't ride like an idiot no cops say much of anything to you! My roomate got pulled over, didn't even have his plate mounted, it was in his tail, the cop just asked where it was, showed it to the cop and nothing else was said about it! This bracket puts the plate close to the top of the tail and is visible from behind, I've seen it!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
flipaplate.com is a terrible idea, i used a cabinet hinge from homedepot for $2 and i can flip my plate manually very easily, ill try to post pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just bent my plate and mounted it through my chain guard holes. Works for me and can be seen by cops. Yeah I don't have that stealth feature but I don't have a light on it either... never been stopped for it. The one time I did get pulled over for speeding I asked them about it and the cop said it was fine.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Apparently the cops where you guys are have a stick up their asses! Around here (KY) as long as you don't ride like an idiot no cops say much of anything to you! My roomate got pulled over, didn't even have his plate mounted, it was in his tail, the cop just asked where it was, showed it to the cop and nothing else was said about it! This bracket puts the plate close to the top of the tail and is visible from behind, I've seen it!
Well then, I guess you're in one of the lucky places where cops don't harrass you. I just got pulled over for having an aftermarket exhaust. At the stoplight. And no, I wasn't sitting there revving like an idiot. Got it signed off, and still have to pay $222!!! :headshake

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well then, I guess you're in one of the lucky places where cops don't harrass you. I just got pulled over for having an aftermarket exhaust. At the stoplight. And no, I wasn't sitting there revving like an idiot. Got it signed off, and still have to pay $222!!! :headshake
damn homie that is some B.S right there here in Ga you could ride backwards buttnaked with an open header throwing flames and they woudnt give two shits as long as you keep both wheels on the ground they have 0% tolerance for throwing up the ol front wheel

·
Registered
246 Posts
I dont like it at all. I do understand you guys wanting to be sneaky with the plates, but I perfer not to get messed with. Here is my homemade bracket. Bracket can barely be seen and the plate is CLEARY visible and looks to be floating there. I perfer a clean LEGAL look...Mine is also made from aluminum

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't understand what's "sneaky" about this? The plate is 100% visible from behind the bike! I ride with him all the time.

It may be VISIBLE but its not CLEARY VISIBLE compared to mine. I could be standing behind the bike 3 feet and not make out what it says...

EDIT: AND I just went back and looked at the PICTURE AGAIN!! THAT IS NOT CLEARLY 100% Visible! The picture CLEARLY shows it! I dont understand what the point is of trying to tuck the plate way underneith the tale unless you plan on running from cops or doing something your not supposed to do...

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
This is just another one of those to each his own type thing. Mine is way tucked too (but def 100% more visable then his, Ill get some pics if wanted,lol) but one thing to consider is the location. KY is WAY different then the NJ area. You dont even need inspections in KY, pretty much anything goes. Cowl hoods so big you can barely see out the windshield and then tint the rest of the windshield and its cool, lol. My girls parents are from KY and when we go there to visit I cant get over it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is just another one of those to each his own type thing. Mine is way tucked too (but def 100% more visable then his, Ill get some pics if wanted,lol) but one thing to consider is the location. KY is WAY different then the NJ area. You dont even need inspections in KY, pretty much anything goes. Cowl hoods so big you can barely see out the windshield and then tint the rest of the windshield and its cool, lol. My girls parents are from KY and when we go there to visit I cant get over it.

I hear ya! Cops would eat you alive here in TX. I dont think they check for inspection stickers because mine is up under the tail and you cant see it unless you squat down looking for it.

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
I really like it great imagination but if if can't be seen you will get a ticket you should put like a 15 degree bend down on it so that it can barely be seen and you will not get messed with then you need to put a light one it don't know about were you are but here in texas with out a light on the plate you will get a ticket here is what i have.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.