Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay gentleman..... This may seem like a weird question - I'm not 100% sure how to ask this but I'll do my best...
I have a micro sprint setup for Gsxr600 - the current year I have is 2006- 2007..... I'm having a rather had time finding a engine in my price range..... I'm really just needing a good engine to finish out the year with.... Iv been stuck on 06 to 07 because I was told they made the most power and had the better end of durability...... I killed my engine the last race out and now need to source another...... What years are the mounting points the same? What years share the same type of wiring plugs - Are engines run only the ( cam positioning - on top of the valve cover ) - ( The coil wires )
( Sator ) and there is one more ( white plug ) on the opposite side of sprocket side.......

I need to know what engines are relatively the same......

Thanks guys! Appreciate everyone all y'all and all the admins who work to keep this site going!
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Does that pic show the engine mounted in front of the driver?

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
I can’t comment on the years and bolt in compatibility but I would suggest that the ECU may be a consideration. Of you change years you may also need to change ECU. Don’t know, just crossed my mind.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t comment on the years and bolt in compatibility but I would suggest that the ECU may be a consideration. Of you change years you may also need to change ECU. Don’t know, just crossed my mind.
Thank you...... You know I forgot about that myself .... I'm setup on carbs - so it didn't even cross my mind..... Thanks again! I appreciate you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts