Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to change out my lever but after i alligned the the hole on the lever and the pin, i still see the pin. My question is, am i suppose to see the pin? If not, then the new shorty levers are the the correct fit. If i remember correctky, on the oem, i only see the rubber piece. The brakes seems normal. Just seeing of its normal to see the pin after installing a shorty lever i got from amazon

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
A picture or two might be very helpful.

I don't know what pin or rubber you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Also, be very careful with cheap aftermarket brake levers. If they don’t fit perfectly, they can apply a small amount of pressure to the system all the time. As you ride the brakes heat up and then you could get a front wheel lock up.

Not a nice thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is what happens when you buy shitty parts. Send those back and buy quality ones.

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
I'm guessing your mean the pin between the lever and the master cylinder piston. Yes, I see that.

I can't really give any opinion as to whether that should show or not as I just don't know how the lever is designed.

The really important part, as mentioned by a few, is that you didn't need to push the master cylinder piston in to install the lever.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can you see it?
Yes, it looks like what happens when you buy crappy parts that were made using a copy-cat design with zero R&D. They tried copying ASV and failed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
that's why i always use stock levers . try to install cheap levers on mine , after one ride reinstall stocks ...i opinion will be not use cheap china levers .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can you be serious. You seem to hate the fact i bought some cheaper aftermarket levers. I need a 2nd opinion if the pin is suppose to shoe on shorty levers
I am being serious, "you [just] seem to hate the fact [that I'm telling you your parts are shit]."

I love when people buy shitty parts and are all surprised that they don't work like they're supposed to. The previous owner of my bike had these crappy levers on, I trashed them and got CRG RC2s and they are vastly superior. The crap levers, which are the same that you have, always felt like they had play (where it almost felt like there was air in the lines) while the CRGs are rock solid with zero play. It's a byproduct of being made by a company that never truly designed it.

The only people that will tell you these are fine are people that have no experience with good levers, and while that may stroke your ego, it's not the advice you want.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'm just going to say that it looks like the barrel is rotated properly to accept that part of the master cylinder. If you rotate the the barrel it should be a 'hole' that is goes into.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you be serious. You seem to hate the fact i bought some cheaper aftermarket levers. I need a 2nd opinion if the pin is suppose to shoe on shorty levers
I am being serious, "you [just] seem to hate the fact [that I'm telling you your parts are shit]."

I love when people buy shitty parts and are all surprised that they don't work like they're supposed to. The previous owner of my bike had these crappy levers on, I trashed them and got CRG RC2s and they are vastly superior. The crap levers, which are the same that you have, always felt like they had play (where it almost felt like there was air in the lines) while the CRGs are rock solid with zero play. It's a byproduct of being made by a company that never truly designed it.

The only people that will tell you these are fine are people that have no experience with good levers, and while that may stroke your ego, it's not the advice you want.
Parts might not be the ones you get but i dont have any issues with these amazon levers. They work and also ive used cheap after market levers for 4 years and worked fine. All im asking is if the pin is supposed to show that much with the lever installed. I havent rode my bike in awhile and threw away the old ones and cant remember if the pin is suppose to show that much. The pin doesnt kink, it goes in n out smoothly as i press and release the lever. If you had bad experiences with after the cheaper after marlet lever, thats fine, but dont just come shitting on my post because i didnt get the more expensive levers. If you dont know then just stop posting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts