Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

My Name is mark, I am working on a 07 GSXR 1000 weekend Drag bike project. Finally got the bike running and riding this week. I had the motor Rebuild with new pistons and bearings. This bike was not taken care well from the last owner.

I am looking for some replacement parts, I been looking on Ebay. I was not sure if there was someplace else to look for parts for these bikes. I am most looking for stock replacement as I am worried the quality of after market parts for this bike. I am looking for the follow items.

Looking for replacement mirrors.
Dose anyone make a Head light and tail light replacement kit?
I am looking for replacement fairing, I see some on ebay anyone know the quality of them? Or a company that sells them.
Also the steering Damper feels like it not working at all. My other bike has a ohlins and it feels great. I am not sure the ohlins is that much better then the stock one is just worn out. Can you get a KYB replacement or should I only look for a aftermarket one?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
9,008 Posts
Welcome.

Is this a race type drag bike project or a street machine in drag?

I've never seen anyone making replacement headlight/tailight kits although I've not seen everything.
I have seen OEM like knock off mirrors on Ebay.

Old OEM fairings are out there but you need to hunt. Most of the businesses breaking up bikes list on Ebay.
Auctmart seems to offer pretty decent replacement fairings.

The OEM steering damper was not very much when it was new. Go aftermarket.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,146 Posts
What John said. Find a good bike salvage yard close to you. Is this going to be a dedicated drag race track bike or a street legal weekend warrior?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a weekend warrior bike. Just sent the ECU to be tuned and ordered the quick shifter. The goal for the bike is to ride it to the track runs 10's and ride home. What Damper companies are there other than ohlins?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a little update on the bike. I road it a round a little I got 1,000 miles on it over the passed two months. I had the fuel filter get clogged on me. I installed the ohlins damper on the bike the feels so much better. fixed the leaking fork seals. went to the track 3 time this year. and ran a string of high 10.8 at 137mph. I was happy with that for this season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts