Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ever 1 im new on here. my 2007 gsxr 1000 is making a knocking noise when fully warmed up and sittin on the kickstand. it only makes the noise wen its on the kickstand, as soon as u lift if off the ground the noise goes away. oil level is good. the bike has 18,000 mile son it. gears all shif good. does not pop out of gear, clutch does not slip. i took off the slave and sprocket covet to help locate the noise. u can feel the knocking coming from the small gear or out put shat. noise does not go away when u pull the clutch handle. has any one ever heard of this? any help would be greatly apreciated. thnx

·
Registered
10 Posts
are you sure its coming from the tranny and what viscocity oil are u runnin cause my 09 1k knocks a lil at idle and has done it since the day i bought it brand new and mechanic told me that the oil is not fully reachin top of the motor at idle as soon as i rev it the knock goes away so i switched from 20/50 back to 10/30 oil and basically fixed the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i been using the same oil in the bike since 3,000 miles. mobil 1 4t i thnk its 10w 40 i dont have the bottle in front of me right now. the bike just started making this knocking or rattling, never did it before. it does not go away if i rev it up . the knocking can be felt in the out put shaft if u put a screw driver on it

·
Registered
354 Posts
That sounds to me maybe a bad bearing. But goes away when you pick the bike up??? What if you left it on the kick stand and put it in gear dose it go away?? It may not be noticeable when theres a load behind it. If it does that then I would say you got a bad bearing in there some where. When you put the screw driver to it can you feel it hitting hard unlike any other part on the bike. I would say get a manual if youd inclined to tackle the job or bring it in to the doc LOL:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i put the bike in gear with the kick stand down they safety switch will cut out the motor on an 07 gsxr 1000. if i put a 1 inch block under the kickstand the nouse goes away. i was actually thinking it could be in the clutch but was wondering if any 1 has run into this before, i may end up taking it apart if i dont see any thing with tthe clutch. yes i do feel it in the out put shaft.it does not sound liek a whining bearing type noise more liek a rattle or knocking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same issue with my 2000 gsxr750. i just changed my clutch cable and after i did that, that's when the noises started when it was idling in neutral and leaning on the kickstand. I put it in gear and leaned it that far and no noise. So please help!

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,529 Posts
This thread is 8 years old. You should start a new thread explaining your issue in fine detail, in the tech section of the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same issue with my 2000 gsxr750. i just changed my clutch cable and after i did that, that's when the noises started when it was idling in neutral and leaning on the kickstand. I put it in gear and leaned it that far and no noise. So please help!
Did you ever find the issue? I have a k1 600 that has the same issue?

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,529 Posts
This thread is 9 years old. You should start a new thread explaining your issue in fine detail, in the tech section of the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts