Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, won’t go past 12k at WOT. If I let off the throttle to about 85%-90% it’ll start climbing past 12k. So far i’ve adjusted the TPS and cleaned the filter in the fuel pump. I’m not familiar with how tuning works but it does have a PC3. Is it possible the tune has it running too lean at WOT? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
350 Posts
First things first
Try without the pc unit.
Is your bike tossing black smoke ?
Have you check the fuel filter? Could be clogged with crap.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First things first
Try without the pc unit.
Is your bike tossing black smoke ?
Have you check the fuel filter? Could be clogged with crap.

no black smoke, and i cleaned the filter in the fuel pump. I assume that’s the one you mean?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you have the auto tune in it? Downloading a "map" from the web...no thanks for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you read out your current map??9.

i’ve got no idea what map is on it and currently don’t have a way to check. I bought it with the PC3 already installed. Is it possible that could be the issue?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well...if you don't know what your mapping is it could be, you should get the cable and software from their web and read it out
But first try to disconnect all the electronic accessories that are not stock and keep on diagnostics from there

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I had those issues on different bikes
There was always some gremlin
-tps
  • vacuum lines
  • fuel pump filter
  • fuel pump pressure drop under load
  • bad stva but this throws fi (c28)
  • I am missing something else?

Today I had a 600k6 to do with tons of black smoke and fi41 happens to be the ecu was physically moded and not sealed and had nice burn marks on the moded area but I doubt strongly this is your scenario

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
Welcome.

@XXXAVI Did you clean both filters?

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
The sock at the bottom is just a coarse filter before the pump. There is a “high pressure” or secondary filter inside the pump. There are tons of videos on YouTube on it. Some have had results just back washing it. Google is your friend here.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Of course the air cleaner is......clean?

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
The high pressure filter is hiding in that white plastic housing that the fuel pump and relief valve attach too.

Back flush it gently as it is a pleated paper filter and pretty expensive.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does it still have the exhaust valve? Those motors and cables can fail or get out of adjustment and wont open completely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts