Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm a mechanic with a gsxr question because I'm stumped to figure out why this bike won't start. I replaced stator, rectifier, starter, checked fuses, fresh battery but when I turn the stop switch to run it primes and the secondary throttle resets and when I pull in the clutch and hit the start button it clicks over the relay and cuts off the lights but the starter does not respond. Any suggestions? I pulled the sensor from near the taillight and ohm tested it with 2 readings. 3.94 on center pin to ground and 13.9 on right pin to ground with setting 20000ohm. I also added a another ground from engine to frame near rectifier location. Help!

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Welcome.

When you say it "cuts off the lights" do you mean just the headlight (which is normal) or all lights, including the cluster, (which is not normal).

Also, do you mean the starter relay that is "clicking over"?

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Bad ground at the starter relay? The primary circuit seems to be pulling it in but the leads to the starter aren’t getting it done.

Also corrosion on the back of the fuse box?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
You're a mechanic? Ok, have you verified that the starter button switch is good. It's a dual pole dual throw. One side is for the headlight, which seems to be working, what about the other side? When you press the start button, not only does it trigger the starter but it also triggers the ECM to activate the fuel pump. So when you put your ear to the tank and push the button, do you hear the fuel pump run?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure your battery leads are screwed down tight and flush with posts. Next bridge the solenoid with a screwdriver and if it doesn't start it's the solenoid or defective battery. test battery it should be slightly above 13 volts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts