Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 07 gsxr1000 with 22k miles
On it. The fuel pump filter is clean and the fuel pump is brand new. A few weeks ago it would bog at full throttle but after holding the throttle for a few seconds it would free up and be able rev limit while I was riding. Now it bogs at 5k when full throttle. And 9k when u let off just a bit. Any ideas? Please and thankyou

·
Super Moderator
9,008 Posts
Welcome.

The most common cause of your symptoms is fuel starvation.

You can diagnose it with a fuel flow and pressure test in the manual but most people seem to like to throw parts at the problem and hopefully hit it.

When you said you cleaned the fuel filter, I'm guessing you mean the low pressure tea bag filter on the bottom. I believe there is a high pressure filter in the plastic regulator housing on top of the pump also. That is the one that causes issues.

Other causes of low fuel pressure/flow are damaged or improperly installed o-rings when replacing the pump.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have a 07 gsxr1000 with 22k miles
On it. The fuel pump filter is clean and the fuel pump is brand new. A few weeks ago it would bog at full throttle but after holding the throttle for a few seconds it would free up and be able rev limit while I was riding. Now it bogs at 5k when full throttle. And 9k when u let off just a bit. Any ideas? Please and thankyou
I don’t have the same bike. But 2 of my bogging issues were the kick stand switch. They can become really greasy... Solution: New spring, disable the switch, or tie a small bungee cord snugly around kick stand when riding. Most recently I had a big issue that had me scratching my head. Tried everything, new spark plugs, fuel filter, injector cleaner, new fuel pump, fuel lines, ect., ect. Turns out it was my butterfly valves in the throttle body weren’t opening fully when full throttle. Instead of messing with stva, or ordering new throttle body, I just unscrewed the butterfly valves and took them out. Lost some bottom end, but it’s livable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts