Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do a rebuild on my 07 suzuki gsxr 750 motor as I have a crack in the crank case, anyone have suggestions on doing any modes to the motor to gain a few more horses?

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
This will be heresy, but in the long run of power and reliability, just sell the 750 and and get a 1k.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Mod of the North
29,974 Posts
^^^This. You can get 1000cc power out of a 750 but it is way cheaper, faster, and easier just to buy a 1000.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The first question is have you ever completed a full rebuild? By that I mean measuring everything (using a bore gauge, micrometers, runout gauges, or having a machine shop do it). If not then rebuilding an engine may not be something you want to take on especially with no prior experience or tools. Having a shop like KWS build your engine is your best bet. With that said you should plan on having $5k to spare in the event that you cannot just drop in new rings and need nikasil or head work etc. Mileage and abuse will obviously make the tolerances looser and your rebuild will be more costly. If your not doing a complete refresh then internal mods are a bit pointless (like putting a turbo on a engine with 200k miles lol). If you want a fresh motor then that's fairly straight forward minus repairs etc. If you want more power then the above post are the best route forward (get a 1000).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts