Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
The mode switch tunes down the bike on the fly A-High performance, B-Not so high, C-fuel saver. To activate it you need to hold it in for a few seconds then A will light up. Just remember just dont go from A to C with your hand in the throttle you will feel the pull. When you shut the bike off it auto resets back to A. Have fun ride safe. :thumbup: I use it when I am on the freeway or a long ride to save fuel..
Like he said, the bike defaults to A (full throttle) even though none of the letters will be lit up. The A, B, or C will only show up after you change mode. The following is straight out of my k8 manual.....

"Suzuki drive mode selector operation-
Drive mode is preset at A-mode when the ignition switch and the engine stop switch are turned on. At this time, the Suzuki drive mode indicator shows nothing. Follow the procedure below to operate the Suzuki drive mode selector.

1. Turn on the ignition switch and the engine stop switch.
2. Start the engine.
3. Push the Suzuki drive mode selector for 2 seconds until the Suzuki drive mode indicator shows A.
4. Push the Suzuki drive mode selector to change drive mode. Pushing the upper part can change from A to C to B to A. Pushing the lower part can change from A to B to C to A. The Suzuki drive mode indicator indicates actual drive mode.

A-mode provides sharp throttle response at all throttle opening range to obtain maximum engine power.
B-mode provides softer throttle response than A-mode at all throttle opening range.
C-mode provides softer throttle response than B-mode at all throttle opening range."

I don't understand how C-mode would save gas. In order to maintain the same speed as someone in A-mode, it would seem to me that it would require more throttle...I think the mode selection was more designed for the track/racing as a way to make it easier for a rider to control throttle and the back end of the bike when cornering.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.