Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Gsxr and I’m having trouble finding the fuse box? It’s not behind the left fairing like many websites state. But I also am having trouble getting the seat off to check there also... any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Welcome.

The fuse box is under the seat ahead of the battery.

The seat comes off easily by removing the bolts on each side just below the forwards sides of the seat.

There is one more main 30a fuse located in the starter relay. The bike will be totally dead if that is bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

The fuse box is under the seat ahead of the battery.

The seat comes off easily by removing the bolts on each side just below the forwards sides of the seat.

There is one more main 30a fuse located in the starter relay. The bike will be totally dead if that is bad.
Thank you for the quick reply! Going to take a stab at it..

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long story short I installed HIDs in the Hibeams and hooked it up wrong and some how shorted the low beam... got it fixed now thank you

·
Registered
641 Posts
You need a service or owner's manual. Either would show where he fuse box is. The service manual is recommended if you're doing anything more than the most basic maintenance. That includes installing HIDs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's amazing how much information is provided in the Owner's Manual alone. Over the years, I've found most of my bikes' "problems" are really my failures to take the time to get familiar with the operations and locations of "things" on my bikes. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts