Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 gsxr 600. My rod bearings went out and I want to swap to a 750 engine. I’m looking at a 08 750. If I were to stay within the 08-09 years what is needed for this swap? Throttle bodies, ecu, air filter, etc? If I go out side of those years what years are compatible within reason and what would be needed? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Welcome. You posted this in an odd (wrong) forum section. This is why it hasn't gotten any replies. I will try to get an Admin to move it to the Tech section for you.

In the meantime, I believe (but don't know for certain) that the same gen engine will directly swap into your frame. You will need the ecu, injectors, and TB's. The harness SHOULD be the same. Once this thread has been moved, I am sure others that have more experience with it will see it, and add some good info for you.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Abracadabra - you are in Tech.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The best way to figure it out is to use
Suzuki Parts House: Buy OEM Suzuki Parts & Accessories and see what the part number differences are. Usually everything you named (ECU, TBs, engine, airbox, coil packs). I looked and the part numbers are different so yes you would be switching everything but the injectors and harness look to be the same. It would probably be better to just rebuild your current motor unless it exploded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts