Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed my front sprocket (-1) and boy it feels great
now when running thru 1st-2nd gear i'm literally holding on and shitting in my pants hahahaha

the power/tq. felt in the midrange is so much better

:thumbup: for sprocket specialties

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
glad to hear you happy with the sprocket, it definatly makes things a lot of fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Turn

I've Got The 2005 600, Im Not Sure What The Stock Tooth Count Is On These Bikes, Though I Guess I Could Go Count. Anyway, I'd Like To Either Go Bigger In The Rear, Or Ofcourse Smaller Up Front. Which Is The Best Idea. I Don't Care Too Much About Top-end, I Do Wheelie(and Enjoy It), And My Bike Has About 1000 Miles On It. What Would Be The Best Choice For Me. Im Not Looking For A Huuuge Difference, But A Bit More Off The Line And Wheelie Power. Im Also Not Familiar With What Chain I Have Or Need. I Saw Someone Metioned About A "520 Chain Conversion", What Is That? Thank You In Advance!!!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Your best bet would be just get a front sprocket -1, because then you can keep your stock chain and rear sprocket, you don't have to worry about changing anything else.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yuuuup :thumbup:

i kept my stock chain....and moved the rear axle back just a tad to take up the little slack that was gained from going smaller up front.

·
Registered
543 Posts
or you could go -1 up front and +1 in the rear and that will put you right back in the same spot slackwise and it's a pretty sweet seyup.....sup everybody....been a while got myself a ticket 101mph in a 55mph so havent ridden or posted in a while, just been kinda under the wheather. Peace all.....KRUM

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
sucks to hear man, how much is that ticket?

·
Registered
543 Posts
skibum91 said:
sucks to hear man, how much is that ticket?
$387.56, but i'm pleading not guilty....i'll post the story one day this week, just don't feel like typin it all out at the moment.....later..........KRUM

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
$387.56, but i'm pleading not guilty....i'll post the story one day this week, just don't feel like typin it all out at the moment.....later..........KRUM
shitty to hear man, hopefully you can get out of it or at least get it lowered.
good luck with that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i got my 600 -1 front and +1 rear. love it. slowly crawl the throttle up to about 8000 and flick the wrist. shes up. doesnt take any effort. may be cause im a feather weight 125 lbs. :laughingr :twofinger I will be needing a couple new tires soon. think ill save up and try the pilot power.?.?. I cant wait. While i was at it i changed to a 520 conversion. NOT good for wheelies but i only do that once and a while.

oh yea. sucks bout the ticket. Get a laywer!!! I always do that. So far (knock on wood) everything stays off the record. im still on probation for North Richland Hills :2hard

·
Registered
543 Posts
it's not the ticket i'm woorried about...it's the insurance i allready pay 4K a year...........................NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
4K a year, wtf! did you hit somebody or somehting or are rates that bad in the south. i know there have been a bunch of threads about insurance, but DAMN!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Psych_77 said:
4K a year, wtf! did you hit somebody or somehting or are rates that bad in the south. i know there have been a bunch of threads about insurance, but DAMN!
I agree, 4k a year? holy hell man, did ya run over a few pedestrians in your time?

·
Registered
543 Posts
nope, thats w/ a clean driving record.....ain't that a bitch. thats w/ the 10% rider safety course and a multi car discount, thats why i gotta beat this ticket i'll be 25 on march 13th and my ins renual is on the 15th so i gotta beat the ticket...i'll still type the not guilty story one day this weekend its a funny ass story.

·
Registered
30 Posts
went -1+6 it rocks cand do slow wheelies and circles like crazy now i dont really care about top speed either so might as well have a little fun ;)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah but how the hell does that ride on the streets?
i'd hate shifting every 2 seconds.....you cant be doing more than 30 in 1st gear :headscrat

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds kool. Imma try it on my 750 its a little slow for me in the low gears :rofl: I'd like to shit myself thru all the gears. Anyone know of any nos kits lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
why you gotta be like that you are probably a knee dreagger and wouldnt know a whellie if it bit you in the butt quit going around finding my posts and being rude theses are my opinions and the way i ride if i want to use my clutch what does it matter to you by the way i have almost 20,000 miles on my bike and have never put a new clucth in it :2hard :thefinger :twofinger :fu:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts