Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've seen this post before but I can't find it, so here goes. I thought I saw that 1000 headers will fit on a 750. Is this correct?? I have a 2001 750. I am assuming if it is correct that any 2001-2003 would work??

What I'm trying to do is get the Devil Shotgun exhaust for my bike. I figured if I could find a cheap 1000 header I could just get the slipon to cut cost. If this would work, would I get the slipon for the 1000 then??

Judging by what I am reading about the Shotgun exhaust, the 750 slipon doesn't bolt on like most of them do, it goes on like the older models towards the bottom of the bike. It also says you can get the headers later and it'll work with the slipon. Do you think I could make this work with my current Micron headers??

:bowdown: Thanks for all advice you can give me!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am not sure if the headers are interchangeable the part numbers are not the same. As far as the slip on fitting on your micron manifold you should measure the diameter of the exit pipe on the manifold. And find out the size of the slip on. or e-mail devil for the demensions of the slip on. and make sure the mounting bracket is going to line up.

·
3,738 Posts
The 1000 header will fit your 750 and its sits a tad bit lower due to the 1000 being a little bit longer but not much. I used some heat insulation to keep the header from getting too close to melting my plastic, but you can trim it where the mid pipe come out the side( small lil cut ). Its nothing major to do. If you decide to do this let me know I have a 1k header just hanging on my wall that i can let go for you to try out. name the price plus shipping and you can try it out. If you need pictures let me know as I have my bike hanging right now.

to the person that replied earlier on this post do you have the diameter of the Micron pipe as I am going to use another exhaust and was gonna just change the end pipe. I have a Micron from 1k and its the highmount version

·
Registered
317 Posts
is there any advantage to using the factory 1000 header on the 750? Is it larger, i would think due to the increased cc's. just curious

·
3,738 Posts
same size and just a tad longer just cause of the 1k motor is longer but 750/1k have same head

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
audi1031 said:
same size and just a tad longer just cause of the 1k motor is longer but 750/1k have same head
So actually if they are the same then I should be fine ordering a 750 slipon then right? I guess I wasn't aware that they were the same other than the tiny length difference. I think I should be ok getting a 750 slipon then.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
gixxer=god said:
So actually if they are the same then I should be fine ordering a 750 slipon then right? I guess I wasn't aware that they were the same other than the tiny length difference. I think I should be ok getting a 750 slipon then.
They don't make a 750 slip on, they only make a 750 bolt on, you need to get a pipe for a thousand, and make sure to get the slip on, not the bolt on.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
jeepboyyj said:
is there any advantage to using the factory 1000 header on the 750? Is it larger, i would think due to the increased cc's. just curious
The 1000 headers are titanium so they are much lighter than the steele ones on the 750.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skibum91 said:
They don't make a 750 slip on, they only make a 750 bolt on, you need to get a pipe for a thousand, and make sure to get the slip on, not the bolt on.
Thanks Ski!! That's the answer I've been waiting for. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I was not aware that the 1000 didn't bolt on. So the 1000 should mount up to my 750 then as far as mounting to the footpeg and all that jazz?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have my Full stock exhaust for my 02 1K if your interested?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GravelSurfer83 said:
I have my Full stock exhaust for my 02 1K if your interested?
Sorry, I took audi1031's offer. Otherwise I'd hop on it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
gixxer=god said:
Thanks Ski!! That's the answer I've been waiting for. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I was not aware that the 1000 didn't bolt on. So the 1000 should mount up to my 750 then as far as mounting to the footpeg and all that jazz?
Well they make a 1000 bolt on, but the difference between the bolt on and the slip on is the bolt on bolts on after the midpipe so you are replacing just the can. The Slip-on replaces the mid pipe and can. Well the 750 doesn't have a removable midpipe, the headers and midpipe are all one piece so you should get the 1000 Slip on.

Yea it should bolt up to the stock exhaust hanger.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
skibum91 said:
Well they make a 1000 bolt on, but the difference between the bolt on and the slip on is the bolt on bolts on after the midpipe so you are replacing just the can. The Slip-on replaces the mid pipe and can. Well the 750 doesn't have a removable midpipe, the headers and midpipe are all one piece so you should get the 1000 Slip on.

Yea it should bolt up to the stock exhaust hanger.
Thanks again Ski!! Once again you've given me the exact answer I'm looking for!!!! :thumbup: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
No prob man, thats what I'm here for.

·
Registered
516 Posts
bringing this back from the dead ;] im sure many people are asking this and this was the only thread i found with the most info that was actually answered. about 00-03 750 gixxer headers being swapped out for 00-03 1000 titanium headers.

But i have a ? myself how much longer is the 1000 header? anyone with setup have any problems? or does the insulation really work out so your fairings dont get melted?

I have been looking into getting a header and I never see anyone selling an aftermarket header unless there selling the whole exhaust and to be honest I dont want to get rid of the devil pipes.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
i did that swap on my 600 before i put in the 1K motor. it was a HUGE diffrence in weight over the stock 600/750 header. that titanium header was easily 15 pounds lighter and pretty easy to coherse in there.

putting a thin washer on the inside of your lower fairing screws will save them from melting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts