Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 600 that im trying to make all show, I'm intersted in doing a chrome exchange on the rims. I tlaked the guy into exchanging for 1000 rims for an extra price so I was wondering if or what year GSXR 1000 rims would I be able to fit on my bike, would I need a different swingarm, axel or hubs.....or are these parts on the 600 interchangeable with 01-02 1000...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
the wheels should mount up fine, you'll just have a little different shape on the rear tire, because the rim on the 1000 is half an inch wider than the 600 but it will still mount up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims!!!

I'm going to buy new tires anyways, but will the 03 600 hubs and axel mount ok on the 1000 rims...What year 1000 rims should I go with for all my 600 hubs and axel work with...does it even matter...Thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, the axel and all that is the same, you need 01-02 1000 rims.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
make sure you get the spacers and all the hardware in the wheel as the spacer in the 1k is shorter than then the 600/750 but just as ski said everything else is a GO

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
he's talking about the spacers that go inbetween the swingarm and the wheel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
600 axel

My buddy parted out his complete 03 600 and he happens to have a chrome axel...now will that chrome axel fit on my 03 750 front end with the 01-02 1000 Front rim...Does the front wheel have a spacer I should Look for

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
GixxerTrixx said:
Thanks alot...sorry for all the trouble I put you all through..it gets very confusing.......Thanks again...Trixx
no trouble man, we understand you just wanted to get it right. glad we could help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.