Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i roll on the throttle everything is fine until i get way up in the rpm range as indicated. i just put a k&n air filter in and i already had a yoshimura tri oval slip on. it feels like the bike is red lining :headscrat. i also had to change the ignition coil on the # 1 cylinder b/c it was misfiring. anybody?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
what year bike? carb or injection? did u do both the coil and the air filter or just the air filter?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a 2004 gsxr 750 fuel injected. the guy that changed the coil said he put one in that he had as a spare. i dont know what kind of condition it was in. i also put a k&n filter at the same time. 2nd, i just had my bike rebuilt b/c i t-bone an asshole who pulled out in front of me, i hit the car going about 25mph(driver had no dl or insurance, thats y i rebuilt it) , the damage stayed to the front of the bike, no engine damage, but i had to replace the hole front end, radiator and frame. plus i had to have my gas tank redone, so at one point there was water in it. the f1 code was flashing in my display but after changing the coil it doesnt come on anymore. :headscrat . strange!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i just noticed something, one of my ram air snorkles is not fully connected to the airbox, would this have something to do with it??? i ran it again last night, everything thing is smooth until 12500 rpm, the it feels like its cutting out the the f1 light came on, i turned the switch off then on and the f1 code went off. :wtf:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i dont thiunk its firein order, if that was the case it would do it all the time, check plugs, when f1 light comes on scan it dont turn bike off just keep it on, bet its something really simple and stupid.. wheres moto??

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
when the FI light comes on, how about you put it in dealer mode and figure out the code its giving you, and when you cycle the ignition it resets the code.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skibum91 said:
when the FI light comes on, how about you put it in dealer mode and figure out the code its giving you, and when you cycle the ignition it resets the code.
i cant seem to figure out how to put it in dealer mode, i will try again tonight :hammer:

·
Banned
641 Posts
I had the same problem. was the k&n filter used? Did it just get recharged? because it will do that if someone sprayed too much filter oil on it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trixxergixxer said:
I had the same problem. was the k&n filter used? Did it just get recharged? because it will do that if someone sprayed too much filter oil on it.

no it was new but that bein said i did see a can of carb cleaner on my bike one day :rant:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.