Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a hard time finding info regarding the GS1150ES i just bought. This bike is bone stock except for a rear Fox shock. The bike seems to sit up high and when i sit on it i am on tip toes. This bike feels really top heavy compared to my GSXR750 and i want to lower it a couple inches. How would i go about doing this? I cant seem to find lowering springs or links for this bike. Is the full floater suspension the same on the early GSXR? Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
What year is your 1150? I've got an 84 and an 85 and as far as I know there isn't a lowering kit available. Go to GS Resources and sign up on the forum, tons of great help for that old girl. I actually bought my 93 750 gixxer as a donor for one of my bikes but a bet from a friend resulted in reassembling it instead.
You can put a gsxr rear swingarm on, and a rear shock off an 07, when I mocked up the 750 arm on the 1150, I figured I was gonna drop about 3". A side benefit is you can run a wider tire and opens up a larger selection for brakes if you want something "bolt on."

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
What year is your 1150? I've got an 84 and an 85 and as far as I know there isn't a lowering kit available. Go to GS Resources and sign up on the forum, tons of great help for that old girl. I actually bought my 93 750 gixxer as a donor for one of my bikes but a bet from a friend resulted in reassembling it instead.
You can put a gsxr rear swingarm on, and a rear shock off an 07, when I mocked up the 750 arm on the 1150, I figured I was gonna drop about 3". A side benefit is you can run a wider tire and opens up a larger selection for brakes if you want something "bolt on."
Do you realize this thread is over 3yrs old?? and he has only had 15 posts in 12 years since his join date probably not around any longer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts