Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was Watching Some Super Bikes The Other Day And There Was A 12 Bar That Wasn't The Standard Flat Bar. It Was Like 3/4 Pipe And It Looked Really Clean. Anyone Know Where To Find One?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I Was Watching Some Super Bikes The Other Day And There Was A 12 Bar That Wasn't The Standard Flat Bar. It Was Like 3/4 Pipe And It Looked Really Clean. Anyone Know Where To Find One?
i know mr dangles does. you can either pm him or wait until he sees this thread (i'm sure he'll check it out). i wouldn't know man but you will get your answer in the next couple posts! good luck bro!:thumbup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
not sure on the name but im pretty sure there is a bar that is more rounded.. from what ive been told its a starter.. more of a safety bar then than somethin to stop on once you get real good..

is this what your looking for??

https://shop.tocc.biz/product.php?productid=18000&cat=560&page=1

also from what ive read.. when using a flat bar if your putting on it strickly to protect the bike they tend to flip the bike more violently when hit then the round bars.. something to think about.. not sure what the truth is.. not to get you away from this site but might want to check out a stunter site.. might get more answers there that we cant give ya

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a round bar and everybody makes em these days. It's becoming standard equiptment. Bar tricks are played out(i.e. watchtowers, apehangers..etc). Circles and combos is where its at. You don't want the corner of ya 12 bar snaggin in a circle. Usually you switch to the roundbar when your a lil more advanced. I don't know I never made it that far. My body is already too broken to carry on like I'm twenty again.
Also the roundbar is much more sleek lookin. Plus if ya flip a stoppie you don't have to worry about the gullitine takin off ya head. The days of parkin 12's and throwin sparks standin on ya headlight have pretty much been replaced by driftin and dizzyin circle combos.
It's just personal preference really. Alot of people say don't use any bar until you can scrape tail cuz subframes snap quick when you got a steel bar with no give. It's cheaper to replace the tailsection then the tailsection and subframe. The older cbr's were beast cuz they had steel frames.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure on the name but im pretty sure there is a bar that is more rounded.. from what ive been told its a starter.. more of a safety bar then than somethin to stop on once you get real good..

is this what your looking for??

https://shop.tocc.biz/product.php?productid=18000&cat=560&page=1

also from what ive read.. when using a flat bar if your putting on it strickly to protect the bike they tend to flip the bike more violently when hit then the round bars.. something to think about.. not sure what the truth is.. not to get you away from this site but might want to check out a stunter site.. might get more answers there that we cant give ya

Yeah thats pretty much it, i am not looking for anything to stand the bike up on. I was wheeleing and my tail hit the road, needless to say see you later taillights. thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.