Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Valiant. :smile

Tapped all holes, installed stem, mounted tires and loctited disc bolts. I haven't even put a final shine on them yet, I got plenty of time lol

Should be wide enough for the old ride.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Those wheels on that bike are going to be sick.
I guess the next step is stripping the bike to the bare frame and swapping motors. But it'll take a little time to clean and paint a few engine covers that need it. Get that frame spotless and motor ready. My engine mount kit is being shipped this week. So I should have it by the time the motor is ready to go in.

I just had to put the wheels together, it was way too tempting lol

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And so it begins. Put 1200 motor on lift needs cleaning pretty bad.
Pulled upper fairing ,seat, tail, exhaust then ran out of time.

Hope to have motor mounts next week. Gotta work like the next 4 12hr days, then one day off then another 4 12hr days, a day off and another 4. I'll be pretty busy unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
And so it begins. Put 1200 motor on lift needs cleaning pretty bad.
Pulled upper fairing ,seat, tail, exhaust then ran out of time.

Hope to have motor mounts next week. Gotta work like the next 4 12hr days, then one day off then another 4 12hr days, a day off and another 4. I'll be pretty busy unfortunately.
It sounds like a winter project anyway.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I dont know if people have seen this website,

UNICORN JAPAN

Its a katana workshop.

If you have a look at the faceBook page "Unicorn World" they have a nice little Vid of bikes in the showroom.

I owned a 750 pop up headlight model.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Finally found some time to work in the garage. Finished stripping bike and pulled motor.
The 1 1/2 armed man strikes again! :grin

That motor has come out at some time or another, there was blue painters tape on the inner lower frame rail and a few scratches on rear section or motor area. I wish I hadn't seen that, now I want to powder coat the frame. I could use epoxy gray and do it myself, I'll have to think on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I dont know if people have seen this website,

UNICORN JAPAN

Its a katana workshop.

If you have a look at the faceBook page "Unicorn World" they have a nice little Vid of bikes in the showroom.

I owned a 750 pop up headlight model.
How are you man? I've been to that site, but they are extremely pricey for their parts.
The 750's are rare now too.

Until I can back on the track next year, it's just been Katana time.
I dropped the frame off for powder coating and a handful of parts with it.
Motor mount kit came in today, swingarm kit will be here Friday.
Just ordered stainless exhaust down pipes for Bandit, didn't buy complete system because I know the rear section probably wouldn't fit. I'll make my own rear section to fit.

Ordered 93 gsxr750 rear brake caliper assembly, engine sprocket cover with slave cylinder and spedo sensor.
Using 2002 Bandit wiring harness and ECU.
It will be a clean very unique build for sure. I'm all in at this point.

Buying a turbo kit in March. :devil

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Wow, I have to admit that I have never seen one of these before. Subscribed, can't wait to see the final outcome!

On another note, your dog is awesome and it's inspiring that you're doing all this work without the use of one arm....

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It's going to be awesome, and I'm really impressed.

But, that Low miles 1100, has evidence of the motor already has been pulled?
That's the motor your saving? Have you heard it run?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's going to be awesome, and I'm really impressed.

But, that Low miles 1100, has evidence of the motor already has been pulled?
That's the motor your saving? Have you heard it run?
I rode the bike, motor is fine. I think he was doing some restoring is what I'm thinking. I see a lot of people who need better skills lol

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Frame should be done by this weekend. Metallic Silver. Having sidestand, electrical side plate, battery box and grab rail on side done black coat.

Almost finished cleaning Bandit motor. I have all this install parts minus oil cooler, but I ordered it today for $31.00 with hoses.
Ordered stainless bolts for alternator and starter and sprocket cover(upgraded to hydraulic clutch now). OEM was $14.00 for those bolts. I got them all in stainless for $9.95.

Stainless motor mount kit is here as well as stainless Delvic header down tubes. I'll make my own muffler back from there to fit.

Once motor is in frame, things will start moving pretty quickly since I have most parts waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got frame back and started installing engine bolts. Definitely not n easy swap. Have to make spacers to fit width of Bandit motor, still need to get more stainless bolts and align the motor. But I'll get it close, install front end and get swingarm built. Ordered swingarm extensions from Exoticycles today, they'll ship Monday.

Might stand up frame with motor tomorrow night if I have energy after another 12hr work day.

Have to paint a couple engine covers also that the boneyard guys scratched up.
But most all of motor has been degreased and cleaned, looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Motor is now bolted in firmly after getting right bolts and cutting my own spacers to length, that was a job. Ordered aluminum stock cut, then brush finish and clear coat them.

Fork bushings should be here tomorrow, already have forks torn down , cleaned and ready to go. With any luck I'll have front end back on tomorrow and ready for front wheel, installed extensions for rear swing arm, this monday it goes to the welder.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just beautiful so far. Great work, it'll be a new bike when you're done. I curious how those shocks will work, as I need a set for my beater '86 Fazer. The only thing holding me up is their short travel, only 68mm. The Fazer is already short of rear wheel travel. I did notice on the guys web site that he can increase the travel with short top out springs. Might be the way for me to go. Or maybe I should just ship my bike to you, and get it done right! Can't wait to see your bike finished.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just beautiful so far. Great work, it'll be a new bike when you're done. I curious how those shocks will work, as I need a set for my beater '86 Fazer. The only thing holding me up is their short travel, only 68mm. The Fazer is already short of rear wheel travel. I did notice on the guys web site that he can increase the travel with short top out springs. Might be the way for me to go. Or maybe I should just ship my bike to you, and get it done right! Can't wait to see your bike finished.
lol thanks Bobl. The Fazer is a cool bike, Genesis motor and all. They were pretty quick. I always saw them as a mix between sport and cruise. It's actually hard to find 93 gsxr 750 forks that arent destroyed. They are pretty old now. With sportbike forks that old now, you have to totally rebuild them and hope all internals are good.
The FZR1000 front end is a bolt on swap for your bike, same steering head size and Vmax rear shocks are a little taller and bolt right on as well. If stock front end, I'd go with Progressive front springs, 10wt oil and no air in forks. My buddy back in the day used to be a wheelie king on his Fazer. :grin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kudos to you Racerxxx for your attention to detail and dedication. The rebuild looks great.
You probably have thirty hours in your day, or you are minus a Mrs Racerxxx and junior racers because I have my crashed GSXR that is waiting for me to get it back in shape and I find it very hard to allocate enough time to get any real progress done with my three kids and the Mrs in tow.
Congratulations, I’m jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 56 Posts