·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Hi Sabien,

Restore? It looks great, ride that mofo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Definitely will be, but do want to get it back to this look at least.
Great looking bike! And getting harder to find restorable ones. They have nice paint schemes but it takes a while
to repaint them back to factory. I always wondered why, whenever I saw one that had been repainted, it was often a solid color without the decals, or maybe it had some decals but they weren't sealed under a clear coat. Then when I repainted one back to mostly factory - I found out why! It takes a while to repaint one of those- At least it took
ME a while but maybe I'm slow. Still, it was worth the tmie & effort-

good luck with it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking bike! And getting harder to find restorable ones. They have nice paint schemes but it takes a while
to repaint them back to factory. I always wondered why, whenever I saw one that had been repainted, it was often a solid color without the decals, or maybe it had some decals but they weren't sealed under a clear coat. Then when I repainted one back to mostly factory - I found out why! It takes a while to repaint one of those- At least it took
ME a while but maybe I'm slow. Still, it was worth the tmie & effort-

good luck with it!
That is a sharp looking GSX-R in your profile pic, you still have it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have been working on the 86' GSX-R. Wheels and fairing stays powder coated, years of road grim cleaned off and polished, new bits (nuts, bolts, instrument panel, grips) and a few other items. Waiting on triple clamp upper from paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts