Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea igot a 89 gsxr 750 dont have a manual need help on where do the lines go ? from the tank has 2 lines i got those but there is another line coming from in between carb 1&2 where does that connect to?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
If it is anything like my '89 1100 the line between the upper carbs is a vent line. Should be two actually, between 1&2 and 3&4...goes to atmosphere. There should also be a vacuum line coming off an intake boot (#3?), that goes to the smaller outlet on the petcock. The petcock is vacuum activated and that opens the fuel lines when it cranks. I will dig around later today and get the page out of the manual for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is anything like my '89 1100 the line between the upper carbs is a vent line. Should be two actually, between 1&2 and 3&4...goes to atmosphere. There should also be a vacuum line coming off an intake boot (#3?), that goes to the smaller outlet on the petcock. The petcock is vacuum activated and that opens the fuel lines when it cranks. I will dig around later today and get the page out of the manual for you.
Thanks but on my petcock there are two and both have fuel running out them the same when I turn it on fuel just comes out the exact same time,,, if the choke is on it fires right up but when I try to throttle it even a little it shuts off,, and when I try to start it with choke off won't start at all

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Weird. Must be a difference between the 750 and 1100. To be honest I am just wading into these bikes and asked the same question here a short time ago. Did you set up your floats? Like I said, this is my first carbed bike so my answers are limited.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Running on choke and stalling on throttle may be clogged pilot jets. IIRC we run on pilot jets up to 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nothing is clogged when i blow through the vent hose gas comes out the jet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
behind that fuel line there is a vent line same way on other side do i just let them hang?

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
My understanding is the two lines coming from the upper sides of the carbs are vents that connect to the air box. Just went through this sorting out an 89 1100. I won't be running an air box so mine will go to atmosphere.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, what Tin said... There are 2 holes in the front top of the airbox that those just slip into (on the '95 anyway) Yours may be a LITTLE different, but i'm betting not by much.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
That's what I am doing. You may see a separate tube out the bottom of the tank that is the water drain from your filler cap. Typically it runs down inside the left rear down tube of the frame and sticks out an inch below the bike. I am going to run the vents there too.

What filters do you have? I need to get some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay ive asked for help to non avail so i figured maybe if i ask with more precise info i could get some help,,, so lines 1 and 2 are for fuel my petcock only has 2 nipples it doesnt have a diaphragm so 2 fuel lines go in now lines 3 and 4 i have no clue where they go but i know if i blow into them bike runs, so again question swhere do they go?

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
It is actually a simple tap. You are going to turn that silver lever to open it.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
okay ive asked for help to non avail so i figured maybe if i ask with more precise info i could get some help,,, so lines 1 and 2 are for fuel my petcock only has 2 nipples it doesnt have a diaphragm so 2 fuel lines go in now lines 3 and 4 i have no clue where they go but i know if i blow into them bike runs, so again question swhere do they go?
OK, I have merged your THREE threads on this topic into one. Perhaps if you stuck with one thread and read the responses you might get this solved.

-Yes, the two lines connecting to the float bowls on the bottom of the carbs are the fuel lines
- The two lines from the upper half of the carbs are vent lines
-These would have originally gone to the stock air box
-Your stock air box has been removed and replaced with aftermarket pod filters so run them out atmosphere out the bottom of the bike or strap them to the frame.
-Your petcock has a lever on the bottom to turn it on.
-One side should be on
-one side should be reserve.
-There will be an off position - likely in the middle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts