Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys so i bought a 91 a while back to learn how to ride on and the bike was fun it was a whole new world to me it was like "i saw the light" now that im able to ride with no problem and i can hit up the twisties and what not i am now faced with another delema... my bike that i have fallen in love with looks like crap it is so bad it make you want to punch the last owner for the abuse he has cuase this poor bike. It has been SPRAY PAINTED, The fairings were painted right on the bike over spray every where,horrible bondo every where! Deap scratches painted over its just bad man! my engine has over spray my forks , frame, triple tree, pegs carbs, spark plugs, exhaust... oh the exhaust if messed up the fell on the right side and tore up the exhaust and welded it himself, it leaks of course but OMFG a little girl in agmech could do a better welding job...It is my fault i did by it there is a whole another story there but enjoy these pics of b4 and after. give me some imput of im in Santa Rosa if any one is wundering and want to look at the fucker lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dang man, that poor old girl looks like shes been abused pretty bad! Are you gona try to restore her? The hardest part is finding parts for the older bikes. You gona try to get some new fairings for her?

Good luck man!

·
Registered
463 Posts
look on the bright side.. any body work you do the girl can only make her look better..i act would love a bike like that to work on.. sand those fairings down.. bondo the cracks/ scratches and sand them down until you feel it looks right.. then have them painted or if your like me and love to do things yourself take your time and paint them, a new pipe, grips, bar ends, maybe some cheap stock rims that arent chipped or oversprayed onto..that thing could turn into a nice bike, and then you have the rights to say you made it your own

·
Registered
29 Posts
question about the bike.......

hey man saw your bike, have a question about the bike. I got a 92 gsxr-750 myself, was wonder when i bought the bike some of the vacuum lines were missin how many off the carb are linked to the fuel pet cock to activate it an allow fuel to flow through the fuel lines?? and also was wondering how reliable are the ignition systems on these things man cause I seem to have a spark problem..........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about buying another bike i thought it would just be easier. I'm a man who loves to make things his ow,n i love the sweat and blood that goes into my projects. I like to stand out so i am doing every thing myself. ive actually never used bondo but im a quick learner, if im not able to get the results i want then ill have some one help me. ^_^ I take great pride and joy in every thing i work on, there is nothing like taking a step back and going "man i did that"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey man saw your bike, have a question about the bike. I got a 92 gsxr-750 myself, was wonder when i bought the bike some of the vacuum lines were missin how many off the carb are linked to the fuel pet cock to activate it an allow fuel to flow through the fuel lines?? and also was wondering how reliable are the ignition systems on these things man cause I seem to have a spark problem..........
on my bike i have 3 lines to the pet cock one i know goes to the carb but id have to take another look. ill take some pictures for you in the morning when the light is out, i don't have a flash light:shifty

·
Registered
111 Posts
damn i wanna slap the pre owner after seeing those pics i would just take everything apart to the extent of your mechanical abilities and just start cleaning/replacing part by part theres no telling what the hell he did under the skin on the bright side you deff got a good project on your hands stay focused and dont lose hope

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But I would pass that one on for a new rider to learn and enjoy. Save your money and put it towards a newer bike. Everybody loves their first bike, but try riding a fuel injected bike and then going back.
The reson im working on the bike is to have fun its somthing i enjoy, ill be buying a k9 in a few months

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I know what you mean. I have already sold 3 bikes this year that I have worked on. For the scratches on the exhaust on my fzr I sanded some out, painted it with high temp black and then made a strap to cover the dent. I used polished aluminum but stainless steel would be great. Then I put holes in the end and bolted it together. It's a cheep way to make the exhaust look good after its been laid down

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know what you mean. I have already sold 3 bikes this year that I have worked on. For the scratches on the exhaust on my fzr I sanded some out, painted it with high temp black and then made a strap to cover the dent. I used polished aluminum but stainless steel would be great. Then I put holes in the end and bolted it together. It's a cheep way to make the exhaust look good after its been laid down
DUDE THAT IS A KICK ASS IDEA!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i was wondering if any one in santa rosa wouldnt mind painting my bike and ill pay for all the materials. im doing all the prep work oh and does any one have a plastic welder i could barrow or you could do a part for me? ill buy you some new rods and or a sixer.

let me know cuss i dont have any of my tools any more:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Hey guys so Saturday night i went to work as usual got off at 615am (12 hour shifts) headed up to lake county and started working on my bike 18 hours later i repaired all the plastics with my soldering iron even the 2 bolt holes where the lower fairings bolt on to the motor. i also repaired the the broken tab on the left fairing... i used my old Dell Keyboard haha worked great though. i used bondo for the rest of the stuff and things were great until i went to Kregens to try out that lacquer paint of there's and i chose the jet black a clear coat but they didn't have the F*&^ing primer and oddly enough what ever is on the shelf is all they have so im like WTF im tired and upset now because i am starting to get impatient. SO i bought spray paint... damn... i tried to stay away ....I TRIED... went back home finished up the prep work but forgot spot puddy oh well ill let it slide cuase the bike now look a 1000 times beter then what it did you dont even know! those pictures dont do any justice. so i used that adheason promoter 2 cans of black primer 2 cans of high gloss black and went to bed FINALLY 30 hours of PAIN. so im waiting 7 days for the paint to cure then ill put on a few layers of clear and sand it with 1500 grit.Well i think im going to regret this paint job so ill have to do it again in a month or so. damn it was fun though lol. oh and my phone was dead so i couldnt take pics DAMN!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.