Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had a lot of time to look into this problem but i have searched and couldnt find anything. A few days ago i found out that one of my fuel hoses had developed a small leak so as a temporary fix i cut the end off (where the leak was) and just re-attached it. There was a small cartridge syle in line filter that for some reason had become stuck in the hose and was completely useless so i took it out. The next day i went and got a new hose and the guy at the shop i goto suggested a inline filter also which i bought. On my way to the shop the bikes RPM's had started to drop really low when i came to a stop (800-900 from its usuall 1400 idle). I had been low on gas so i figured that was why and went and put a gallon in and drove home to change the line and filter. I installed the new line and filter (double checked the flow direction for the filter) and then today when i took the bike out it stalled on me at a traffic light. I was on my way to get gas anyway so i pulled into the closest station and filled it up with premium but when i started it up it stalled right away. I have to slightly hold the throttle to keep it from stalling and then when i accelerate it is really rough til about 6000 rpm then it smooths out and runs fine through the rest of the gears. When i stop it idles normally for a little bit then the rpm's drop slowly til it just stalls again. Though the problem is still there, it does seem to have gotten better since i put the new fuel in so im not sure if i just got some bad gas. Any suggestions or ideas on what i should try?

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Could be bad gas or even some rust in the tank that could cause it and sice it happen while low on gas then the pump was sucking up the sediments (IMO)
that filter is in there for a reason too. Flush your tank and check your filter again also when your cut the line it is not kinking or too short is it?
Just do your basic look over to make sure all lines connected correctly and see how that works out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well when i took that tiny filter out it was completely clean so im not thinking too much actually went through it but to be on the safe side i bought that larger in line filter. I know the hoses are hooked up correctly so thats not the issue either.

I know the hose is not kinking but you mentioned the hose length... i know it isnt too short but could be be too long? The hose i took off was about 8 inchs but i just realized that the new hose i put on i cut to about the same link but forgot to take into consideration that the inline filter adds about a 1 - 1.5 inches to the length of the hose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.