Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this possible? direct bolt in?
i was offered a deal on some '03 1K cams....i was gonna pick'em up now while i have the chance, and install'em later with slightly higher comp. pistons :thumbup:

let me know so i can grab'em or not

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I wouldn't try it unless you have adjust cam sprockets. 1k more have longer stroke so if you do make sure you get someone that know what they are doing

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, then how about 750 cams? i would think 750's would be a direct bolt in with just a slightly more aggressive cam profile? (since the 600/750 share almost identical redlines)...any more info would be appreciated before i go cam hunting

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
750/1k heads have more in common but as with any of these I would get the adjustable cams to make sure it works properly. You may need to get a performance shop in your area to do a little more research into what ya doing
hate to see you mess up your motor over this. Not a basic answer to this Well there is and its DON"T do it buy some aftermarket ones webb cams or yosh cams

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmm, ok

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see, i'd LOVE to get a set of yoshi cams, but if the 750 cams work and give me a little mid-range power than thats all i want (not to mention they're $75 vs. $750)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I do not have specs on hand but I would think your would be asking for trouble.
600 bore is a little wider than 750 stroke would be alot deeper so i think that ptv (piston to valve) would be a problem
I am sure with time and resources you can get it to work,but why are you so into getting the cams because your not gonna really benefit from them unless you get other work done as well like flowing the head to make sure your getting gas in and exhaust out better. Cams for your reasoning is just gonna move your power from one power band around maybe up or lower depending on where you want it. Bikes of the past like older for 95 gsxr 750 with drop in cams would gain more hp vs you putting some in yours. Technology is great and these things are super machines now so then only thing left to do that IMHO is to go with the 636 overbore with would be about the same as cames
350 for the pistons and gasket and hardware and then 300 to get ya cylinders bored and re-nickel-sealed.
I did this with my old Srad i had and the best thing to do is to goto ebay buy a upper cylinder then send them off get doone while your still riding then order your pistons. If you okay on engine repair and understand honda motors than this should be a snap but if not then take it to get it put in. You should spend about 1g tops and have a bike that is around 110-115 hp and sell your parts back on flea-ag (ebay) or help someone else doing same thing
A bunch of run-ons but who gives a dayum you know what I am saying :arsenal

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm....thanks for the input..

i think i might get the bore job done for a pretty good price (as long as he does bikes, he's done my hondas before)

i have a friend who is a sales rep. for arias, so i'd get the pistons custom done thru them....i'll look into it :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts