Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the secret to compress the clutch spring in order to install the 3 little screws that hold the clutch spring holder in place. I am not having any luck.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Just pulled up the manual and there's no mention of a special tool or anything. On the newer bikes with coil springs, the screws are long enough to draw the springs in on their own. I'd assume the same for yours. Are you using factory screws?

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
^ As Chuckster said, the procedure is on the service manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has the stock 1997-2000 SRAD clutch assembly. That is the wrong manual, but I was able to find the correct manual on that site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had more than a few clients bring me their bikes to figure out why their clutch either isn’t going back together as expected, or fails to work after having been reassembled. Often times it is a stacking issue, and mostly the mistake is the last piece to go in over the stack, it has grooves just like the steel plates in the stack. When u install this piece, need to be sure the grooves mate properly with the splines. During the installation of this part turn it slightly back and forth until u feel it slip into the splines, if you can’t get them to line up, remove the part and turn it generously to match up the spring perch holes with the next threaded receiver and try installing it again, there shouldn’t be any gap between the outermost friction plate and this part.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
I’ve had more than a few clients bring me their bikes to figure out why their clutch either isn’t going back together as expected, or fails to work after having been reassembled. Often times it is a stacking issue, and mostly the mistake is the last piece to go in over the stack, it has grooves just like the steel plates in the stack. When u install this piece, need to be sure the grooves mate properly with the splines. During the installation of this part turn it slightly back and forth until u feel it slip into the splines, if you can’t get them to line up, remove the part and turn it generously to match up the spring perch holes with the next threaded receiver and try installing it again, there shouldn’t be any gap between the outermost friction plate and this part.
This is a very good post.
You should post more often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts