Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. I have a 2000 GSXR 750 and i have been getting an error code c28 for a little while now. I took a look under the tank to see if I could see something obvious, when i saw a throttle cable hanging by a few threds. So i replaced that cable and I still have that code problem (c28 = secondary throttle valve actuator). I noticed a few people on different sites mentioning this same problem, but I can never seem to find a resolution??? any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
You replaced the wire but did you set it correctly?
Sometimes those Actuators(black box tend to mess up)
Pop your tank and turn key on and off and see if the TB open and closes back?
Get a service manual online and follow how to correct it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the same problem with the wire hanging by 2 threads and have the same code.Its seems to be open and closing properly I will have to order a new cable and install to see if the code goes away.other than the cable being installed inproperly (without the right freeplay) what else could be wrong with that code? also noticed that the servo motor pullls very hard on the pull cable maybe causeing the cable to break.could the servo motor unit (blackbox) be the problem or are there other componts involed?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I have the same year bike same model and am having the exact same problems my cable was hanging on by two strings then i replaced light went out. A year later i got the c28 code and i took it to a shop they told me my servo motor was gone i ordered one off ebay put that on and that didn't work either but i looked in the manual and looked at the proper adjusments and the problem is almost fixed but i can't seem to get it adjusted in the rite spot any help would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.