Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2001 GSX-R750 and was wondering what all i can do for performance upgrades. Basically I want as much horse and torque out of my bike as I can get. Any sugestions would be great, from what I can do to what brand you all recomend. thankyou for all of your input.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Your money limits your quest for hp and TQ. Having bunch of HP and torque means nada if your not capable of handling it. I know a million ways to get ya HP but its gonna cost you :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well of course money is always an option. But I am looking for things I can do a lil at a time and slowly build it up. I am starting with a full exhaust and a power commander. So basicaly jus anything else you can list I will def. take down for notes and add as i get the money. Thnx again :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Full pipe and fuel management system are the extent of most street riders quest for power. With the Power Commander you will want a full custom fuel, and maybe ignition, map to get the most out of it. There are quite a few more ponies hiding in there than a downloaded map will get you.

I also headerwrapped my pipes with insulating fiberglass cloth wrap, good for a couple ponies.

Other common mod, although not a power mod, is a TRE (timing retard eliminator)

you can get a k&n filter, but todays Fuel Injected bikes have GREAT filters and this will not get you much if any power.... just a filter that can be cleaned and reused instead of replaced. i also feel they filter better than stock while keeping power the same.

You can gain what is percieved as more power by going to a 520 acceleration kit on the sprockets. This usually drops one tooth on the front and a bit of rotating mass from the drive line to give you more acceleration (less top speed though) and the feeling of more power.

Those are the most common mods

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kewl thnx for the input. I have droped my front sprocket one tooth already, and am planning on gettin a full Hindle exhaust, and a power commander. I know a guy around here that will dyno and fine tune every lil part on yer bike for around 200 bucks. but he can only do it if u have the power commander. MotoJoe...I seen you answer a lot of peoples questions as I read through all the forums, yer a great person to have on here so props to you on that. And thnx to Audi...and anyone else who has anymore ideas I will check this quite often as I drop money on my new baby..... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
No problem man, a full custom map on a power commander for $200 is about right. I paid $250 for mine. Some can also TEKA tune, which is remapping the stock ECM, but it is not really reversable and I personally didnt like the performance it gave.

The full hindle is a nice system, that is what I run, and it is a good price.

Goodluck man
keep it safe

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys. i'm looking at buying a K1 750 trackbike with a full akrapovic system and it has a gasflowed head. the dealer selling it has no idea what the HP figures on the bike are. can any of you give me an estimate on how much horsepower over standard these mods would achieve? (i'm assuming the bike has a pc of sorts with all the mods)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.